Sign in to follow this  
Z0mbi3z

How many cores does my CPU have?

Okay so i was using the FPS Enhancer on the forums and it tells you to put in how many cores your CPU has, Now i am using a laptop so i have a Intel Core i3 3110M and it runs at 2.40ghz.

But when i go onto task manager it says i have 2 cores but on "dxdiag" it says i have "4 CPU's" next to where it says my CPU.

PS. I have a Nvidia GT620M (Not sure if that helps"

All i3's have 2 cores. They have 4 threads (logical cores) though.

Actually there are some i5's and i7's (for laptops) which are dual-cores, like mine is (i5-2450M)

Edited by Barrett_killz

I wondered about this too. My i3 has 2 cores, 4 threads, but I dunno what to put in the "-cpuCount=#" for the launch parameters... 2 or 4?

Your computer actually sees 4 cores, even though physically they are 2. That being said I think you should set that param to "4".

Your computer actually sees 4 cores, even though physically they are 2. That being said I think you should set that param to "4".

Okay, nice one. I thought so but I wasn't sure

Okay then i will try that, But i usually don't see any change when i take the launch parameters off, What should i set "exThreads" Too?