Sign in to follow this  
fox0rz

We Need higher restart rate on test servers

Before anyone says anything : I know this isn't Polly Pocket's Virtual Dress Up Simulator!

I can't honestly say this has happened in previous test builds for me, but since the last update the servers seem to be picked clean! I'm hard pressed to even find junk items like pliers and hammers. I honestly love having to actually go from town to town looking for food in normal servers, but I don't really think this should be the case on test servers. I think that test servers should facilitate just what the name says, Testing. This means more restarts so that new and fixed items are more readily available to the testers. As I write this there are some 1.2 Million Day Z Users out there and to my knowledge only about 20-25 Test Servers, lets say that only 10% of those 1.2 million opt into testing, that's still 120k people trying to get into about 1000 slots. That means people constantly coming and going taking items with them when they log out or die. I'm not asking for more servers, I'm just asking for more restarts so we can actually do some testing!

Thanks for reading,

Fox

Edited by fox0rz

Have I somehow managed to make a thread so unappealing that no one even bothers to answer? Wow...ego shattered.

I think all servers should restart every 6 hours.

4 times a day seems like a good number.

As for the test servers, I agree they should be faster.

Maybe twice as fast, a restart every 2 hours or so sounds reasonable.

It's completely fine how they are at the moment, just join low population and stop complaining :D