Sign in to follow this  
unicornsmustdie

Alternatives for GMT server time setting

I run my own server, but because I work I can only play at night. Living in Europe, that means either being bound to nighttime (it´s winter, after all) or lag on US or Asia servers, or full daytime only servers, full of noobs running and gunning.

I set my time for early morning, 7AM, which is a beautiful time btw because of the early dawn going into full light (it runs until 11AM in the current 4 hour resets). Yet I miss other times, but I don´t want to tweak my server just for me (because it resets the loot as well, and well that´s not fair). AFter a really long session, my server resets of course, and the time resets too. This screws with my immersion in the current session.

So it made me think, there´s one time setting on your server, which is GMT (is this the same in the US too I wonder?). I would love to be able to pick ET or Australia time as well, which means that with resets, the time continues where it left off -only a different time zone from where you live. It gives us a chance to immerse in real time sun sets, sunrises, just with different timing.

Does that make sense? Anybody else been thinking about this? I think there would be a lot of demand for it tbh.