By any chance is there not some kind of tutorial? For the life of me I can't get my head around what button does what and there seems to be a one second delay no matter what I do.

I can't even get my camera view to change into third person and I've tried multiple servers.

Any help or advice on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Look here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159251-merinos-in-depth-video-guides-updated-jan-22nd-all-medical-items-to-keep-or-not-to-keep/

That's about as good as it gets.

The rest is exploring the game.

That includes how to use it :)

Tip: Try reading the control assignments in the options menu. 

Controls:

In the main menu, go into options, controls, mapping/assignments. That will tell you what buttons do and you can change what you would like.

Delay:

What kind of GPU do you have?

Tutorial (on how to play):

Youtube. Use it. Or have fun and just figure it out.

• Like 1

It'd be fun to see a tutorial like: Spawn in some building, dead people about, something storyish with mabe some background on the apocalipse, learn the basic keybinds, open the door to the outside, get mobbed instantly  by 50 zombies. "You are dead, Now go play the game! Good luck."

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys I'll have a look into the controls when I go on next.

As for my GPU I have no idea how to even check tbh.....

And is there a reason to why I can't seem to change to third person? I have my settings changed so that it should be,

What Applejax said is the best.  I know Z is prone, X is crouch, C is stand up.  Space is put your hands up. W is walk, double-tap it to sprint (but it can sap some of your energy it seems).  I know Tab is inventory (left side is what is in the vicinity you can pick up, Right is what you have)  I know its not uncommon for things you set down to disappear for a few seconds but don't worry they reappear.  You can click mouse wheel to interact with something or right click on the item in your inventory.  Can also drag items onto a hotbar at the bottom.  Enter is coms, / is text com  Enter switches between views and hold right mouse button to zoom in.  Hope that helps

Edited by ShadowSilver

Yeah thanks shadow it does,

Last thing apart from the third person problem, any certain servers better to play on than others I should look out for?

In your steam library right click DayZ and go to player manual its not much but it might help some. For other this check the new player discussion sub forum for guides they have some pinned at the top.

Sorted the third person I just hit enter lol

How do I get up the small menu like things on my screen? That tell you about kills and stuff and if you're hungry or not

Sorted the third person I just hit enter lol

How do I get up the small menu like things on my screen? That tell you about kills and stuff and if you're hungry or not

Oh god, please shoot me now! PLEASE!