Sign in to follow this  
TedZ

#[Guide] Finding your Location in DayZ#

-The purpose of this guide is to help you find your location in DayZ Standalone-

-Introduction-

The key to survival in any unknown area in Chernarus is knowing where you are, and where you are heading. It's very easy to lose track in the wilderness, i advice you to set routes and every once in a while check to make sure your heading the correct way. A useful thing that can help you is http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus this is an really good map to help your along your travels whilst surviving in the wilderness, this map is good because it'll help you learn your key locations to get to places faster, and easier.

Step 1: Map

The map listed above is possibly one of the most helpful thing which could help you along your travels, unless you obviously find one in-game which is for your area. An good way to spot your location is locating an item on the map, for example if your near a bunch of sheds out in the wilderness you can try find them on the map.

An example of this is locating the structure where you are and try find the structure on the map listed here -> http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#7.103.078

rA7zoMi.jpg?1Doing this will significantly help your chances of locating where you are, and in most cases, you will hopefully find the name of the town your in.

As the spawn points have significantly been reduced, you nearly always spawn on the coast, so i would worry much a-bit this, but i will give you more tips for finding your ways to towns and which way to head to get to specific places.

The current known spawn points from my knowledge are: Kamyshovo - Elektrozavodsk - Solnichniy - Berezino - Novy Sobor (Please PM me if i've missed any)

gfis8C8.jpgDdMBk0X.jpgPsv8zmb.jpgRQHX6md.jpg

Step 2: The Ocean - IF you spawn on the coast

The ocean has helped me in a-lot of my travels, and hopefully this will help you, thanks to a buddy, i'm sharing this with you, it has helped me many times.

As of now, you most likely spawn in on the coast, and you'd most likely  be wanting to head to a main town soon as possible to get some supplies, weapons and miscellaneous (Unless you like going to small towns, but i do not advise you to straight away to big towns, this is just to help you to find your location)

The trick is, as many people know, run with your Ocean on the left side, this will always make you head  to a town, unless you spawn in an location i have currently listed, but this is if you spawn on the coast.

Step 3: Spawning Inlands

From my knowledge, you spawn in a town when you spawn in-land and that town is possibly called Novy Sobor, this town is near the north west airfield and near a great big brother town called Stary Sobor

alv2YQK.jpgFrom here, you can head straight to Stary Sobor, then straight upwards/across to the North West Airfield which has plenty of good loot, but  you could get killed!

But, anyways, if you spawn in a town, like mentioned above, you will already know your location, but if you'd like to get to an town on the coast, the simpliest way is heading straight forward to the SUN, from my general knowledge, and plenty of times of testing this, my results seem that this way always heads you to the coast near Cherno/Elektro

Step 4/5/6: [subject to Change, thinking of more valuable Information]

Finding your Bearings (Extra Tips)

1) The wind always blows easy, so look at the movement of the clouds. [At this current moment of time, i do not know which direction East heads to, sorry]

2) The sun rises in the Easy and sets in the West, so if the sun is just rising, or is already rised, this is a great, helpful tip, this will head you to the coast as said above ^^

3) Near enough every town has a sign, use these wisely and use the map to help you find your way.

[DISCLAIMER, WILL ADD IN MORE INFORMATION SOON, SOME INFORMATION WAS GAINED FROM SOME WEBSITES, BUT MOSTLY FROM KNOWLEDGE]

- I DO NOT ADVISE YOU TO GO TO BIG TOWNS STRAIGHT AWAY, THIS PURPOSE WAS TO HELP YOU FIND YOUR LOCATION

Extra Tip:

Settings: 

qViU1U2.jpg

Edited by TedZ
  • Like 2

Also, you usually spawn near a hamlet or town and you can find a street sign in the town. Maybe link an example?

Also, you usually spawn near a hamlet or town and you can find a street sign in the town. Maybe link an example?

Thanks, i will find a picture of a street sign and post it!