Sign in to follow this  
Survivor_Sabre

Chernarus Survivor Census - the CSC

Chernarus Survivor Census - CSC  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer playing alone or in a group?

• They call me Wolf, Lone-Wolf.
    • I'll stick with you for a bit, but I've got my own things to get on with later.
    • As they say, safety in numbers; and that town looks dangerous.
    • Hey guys and gals! What we doing today?
    • I take each day in Chernarus as it comes. If my friends are on I'll probably play with them; if not, so be it, I might find someone else.
  2. 2. What is your profession?

• Super-Hero. You look like you could use an IV! You're not hungry or thirsty are you? You'd best take this gun for protection.
    • Hero. You look pale, have an IV.
    • Fellow-Survivor. I have no problem trading, but I'm not your mother.
    • I adapt as the situation demands. I like it on the fence, that way I can check which side the grass is greener on.
    • Gentleman-Bandit. I'm having your can-opener, but you can have this screwdriver.
    • Bandit. I'm having my pick of your stuff, if you live or die is up to you.
    • Psychopath. What's mine is mine, what's yours is also mine. While we're at it, drink this, I promise it's not disinfectant...
  3. 3. Shoot on sight?

• Shoot first, and don't worry about asking questions later. Anyway, my trigger-finger gets so itchy sometimes I just have to scratch it.
    • Shoot first, ask questions later. I don't like it, but I do what I've got to do to survive.
    • I shoot to wound, then I know I have the upper hand.
    • Depends on if I think that nice coat and back-pack would look better on me and how willing they are to hand them over.
    • Depends on where I am, some places just aren't safe.
    • I'll try and talk, but if I feel threatened I won't hesitate.
    • Always try and talk first, there are little enough friends in Chernarus as is.

What about an option I was playing with my friends, but their plan was either stupid or boring so i killed them all.

I don't regret it, nor i have anyone to play this game with me now.

• Like 1

Good poll, and interesting results so far. I was torn between answers I think 5 and 6 on question 3. I will usually try and talk if I can almost anywhere, but it has nearly gotten me killed a number of times. However, in airfields and military installations, experience tells me no one is there to make friends. People who shout "friendly" really mean they don't want to die and they have the disadvantage, probably they would not hesitate to shoot had they seen you first. And its shocking how many people literally just sit in corners in barracks/camo airfield buildings waiting for someone to open the door. In these places, if I need to try and find something there (which is generally why I'd be there), I'll drop someone I see before we enter voice range if possible.

I have friends I play with, but its always nice to make friends organically in the game. But with the explosion in popularity it seems people trolling is on the rise; I don't want to get played. I usually give what I can spare and keep moving. Not sure how to change that.

So apparently, I'm the most stereotypical DayZ player out there...

• Like 1

So apparently, I'm the most stereotypical DayZ player out there...

Me too.  ^^

Except the first question, but I'm not sure I like the last option all that much; was meant to be preferred play-style, not fixed in stone. ><

Too late now though.  :S

Edited by Survivor_Sabre

you forgot the "I never shoot, because i always run away"-player.

Edited by irishroy