AsHawkins

Heavy Metal Deathtraps of Tomorrow

Vehicles in Chernarus   

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see these vehicles in DayZ?

• The time to be saved using a vehicle makes it plausible.
    • Maybe. A vehicle here and there.
    • Another thing to scavenge for? It could be interesting.
    • Another thing to scavenge for? No thanks.
    • Then what, hit and runs everywhere? No thanks.
    • It's better to just be without the hassle.
    • Hiking simulator to the MAX! NO!

-Vehicles of Chernarus:

Car lots across Chernarus stand deserted, loaded with metal, scrap, vehicles waiting for potential. Buses of Elektro, Trucks from the hills, Motorbikes from the coast, and small cars for everything between the lines. 

The people of Chernarus are faced with the challenge of endless hiking, to dehydrate before coming close to a well, pump, or canteen.

Only a lucky few have found the materials to continue on their journey with a set of wheels, and little gasoline they have found.

Engines, Tires, Steering Wheels, Corroborators, Fuel Tanks, and more to find to recover a sitting vehicle - That has been raped of materials. 

Where would you find Gasoline? It's dangerous to try to extract from a fuel station, without the correct skills. What about siphon through a hose, of old vehicles on the road? The possibilities are there, but the vehicles, parts, and liquids aren't.

Let me list an example of vehicles one would come across in the World of Survival.

• Armored Buses (Group transport, town to town - heavy on gas, but convenient for protection, and more.)
  • Off Road bikes (Quick on dirt and asphalt, vulnerability is high sitting on a bike, but point A to point B is quick, and light on gas. Lone Wolf Machine.)
  • Dune Buggies (3 seated vehicle, possibility of machine gun attachment. Mediate on gas, but steady on dirt, great for woodland crossing and steep climbs.)
  • Sedans (Armored or bare, great for transport of 4. Mediate on gas, nice trunk space. Great on asphalt, little traction on dirt at medium+ speeds.)
  • Trucks (Armored or bare, little or big, good for transport of 2-4, heavy on gas, but convenient for heavy items - Engines, Full bags, Offroad Bikes, etc.)
  • Choppers - Hogs - Street bikes (Armored or bare, great for transport of 2, light on gas, great on asphalt, no traction on dirt at medium+ speeds.)
  • Helicopters (Large or small, armored or bare, great for transport of 1-6, mediate on gas, fast from point A to point B, possibility of machine gun attachment. Convenient for heavy items.)

In order I have listed images below for a clear perception of what I am proposing:

armadillo_armored_passenger_bus.jpg800px-HW1-white-armoured-1.jpg

Husaberg-FE390-Enduro-Carefully-Consider

dbuggy3.jpg

xmas_2012_004.jpg

pirhayati20110922183722077.jpg

dirty-love-profile-1.jpg114092.jpg

B4655_Mi-171_China_RussianHelicopters.jpgb2.jpg

These are just an idea I though I would share with you, DayZ. This is your game, and this is survival. Please discuss your thoughts, please be constructive with your response, and twist the idea into yours, bend it to fit DayZ.

I do not want to propose a solid image, just an imagining of what we could encounter in our harsh travels.

Edited by AsHawkins
  • Like 2

I like the idea of salvaged beat up looking transports, rugged and falling apart. Especially the armored busses. Very post-Apoc! They should be  a relatively difficult high-end aquisition.Things that require persistant maintenance and scavenging to keep them useful. More projects to scavenge for are always fun.

• Like 2

There should be cars that don't work practically everywhere, whereas gasoline, tires and engine parts should be really hard to find.

So basically you should be able to use the parts you've found to repair any vehicle you seem fit!

• Like 1

Helicopters are the least efficient fuel users per pound of cargo, if you think about it, anything is more efficient than a helicopter, the reason we use them IRL is because they are fast, can reach areas without roads or surrounded by water and can land pretty much anywhere there is room for two skids.

I just want to see normal, average cars, trucks and motorcycles. Customization could come later but I don't want to see the game turned into Mad Max.

Random pictures of "normal":

f0_1243495372126.jpg

920FA595-EB95-4AFB-94D9-E757BC9AB08D_mw1

ADAA5DE1-01E7-45D6-93E3-C291201B821D_mw1

01georgia_n080820.jpg

• Like 2

If chernarus was a desert wasteland instead of an island, this would be awesome.

Dean mentioned they're going to recreate the vehicles system: most likely including update vehicle models and also vehicle customization (such as metal plate welding, etc).

Helicopters are the least efficient fuel users per pound of cargo, if you think about it, anything is more efficient than a helicopter, the reason we use them IRL is because they are fast, can reach areas without roads or surrounded by water and can land pretty much anywhere there is room for two skids.

Based on the size of the Helicopter was the range for fuel. When available, They are extremely convenient.

I just want to see normal, average cars, trucks and motorcycles. Customization could come later but I don't want to see the game turned into Mad Max.

I was trying to avoid that, I just wanted a wide range of vehicles to be available for discussion.  With buses and sedans multiple people can move at once, and more safely. Motorbikes are good for lone wolves just looking to survive, if they have the gas and a working bike, they can find food and water easily. I also think the noise vehicles make should attract Zeds to the location.

Has anyone have more ideas about vehicle implementation?