Sign in to follow this  
Fl1pz

SKS and Mosin Stripper clips.

I noticed that the SKS ammo is placed in 10 round stripper clips and that when you load the ammo you see your character place the ammo into the magazine and then put the clip back, but in your inventory its shown that the clip is being used in the rifle along with the 10 rounds. TO make this more realistic I suggest placing the empty stripper clip back in your inventory so you can load it again and use it to make a quick reload in a time of need. This should also be done to mosin stripper clips should those be released.

• Like 5

same with the speedloaders and shotgunsnaploaders.

i think, they just said speedloader=magazine, and that's it, because right now, all speedloader(snaploader, revolverspeedloader, sks-stripperthingy) seem to work like a magazine

• Like 2

I've noticed this also. The devs strive so hard to be realistic in almost everything else, except the weapons in the game. My 3.57 is deadly accurate within 50 meters.. Not so in the game. Speedloaders don't attatch to the weapon itself! I'm still not sure if this is a lazy design decision, that will exist until they decide to revisit it, or if the developers are just totally ignorant in regards to real-life gun mechanics and handling.

I've noticed this also. The devs strive so hard to be realistic in almost everything else, except the weapons in the game. My 3.57 is deadly accurate within 50 meters.. Not so in the game. Speedloaders don't attatch to the weapon itself! I'm still not sure if this is a lazy design decision, that will exist until they decide to revisit it, or if the developers are just totally ignorant in regards to real-life gun mechanics and handling.

Honestly, I'm going to guess programming in the speadloaders separate from clips was not something they cared to do at this point in development because the only difference is an empty "clip" gets returned to your inventory if it's a speedloader, shell snapper, stripper clip, whatever, immediately after reload.

So, I'm guessing they're going to wait to separate them out once they've added in all "speedloader" type "clips." 

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm going to guess programming in the speadloaders separate from clips was not something they cared to do at this point in development because the only difference is an empty "clip" gets returned to your inventory if it's a speedloader, shell snapper, stripper clip, whatever, immediately after reload.

So, I'm guessing they're going to wait to separate them out once they've added in all "speedloader" type "clips." 

That is what I have determined as well. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Now hold on, I wouldn't go all "Dean and his devs are realistic except for guns cause they don't know anything about them." You have to remember Dean has priorities. Would you rather him fix weapon accuracy or attend to security breaches/gaps and performance increase? Not everything is made perfect on the first try. Weapons are going to be tweaked with when all the performance and security problems are dealt with. Hell, Dean has already tweaked the FNX .45 spread, so you know he has it in mind.

same with the speedloaders and shotgunsnaploaders.

i think, they just said speedloader=magazine, and that's it, because right now, all speedloader(snaploader, revolverspeedloader, sks-stripperthingy) seem to work like a magazine

yeah, although I don't mind the speedloader staying on the weapon

Now hold on, I wouldn't go all "Dean and his devs are realistic except for guns cause they don't know anything about them."

That statement is probably true though... it would explain why the 91/30 uses 7.62 NATO...

That statement is probably true though... it would explain why the 91/30 uses 7.62 NATO...

You do realize majority of Dean's staff have some sort of military background? Getting ammo sizes mixed up with guns is a very common mistake even gun veterans will make. Especially with the 7.62 round, due to it's multiple lengths, sizes, cartridge shape, types,  etc..

You do realize majority of Dean's staff have some sort of military background? Getting ammo sizes mixed up with guns is a very common mistake even gun veterans will make. Especially with the 7.62 round, due to it's multiple lengths, sizes, cartridge shape, types,  etc..

I'm aware, Dean himself for one. "Military background" is irrelevant. Maybe some of the team is knowledgeable about these things, but there are too many strange things I've seen for me to buy that they are all "weapons experts"... pistols and shotguns zeroed to 100 meters by default, rifles with a 50 meter setting, those are some very odd choices, crazy muzzle velocities, et cetera, and the Mosin has been using "B_762x51_Ball" in the code since day one of release - mixing up 7.62 NATO and 7.62x54R is not a mistake a "gun veteran" would make, or even someone with cursory knowledge...that's my opinion. Hopefully they will get all these things sorted eventually..

There is hardly an excuse for confusing anything with the mosin round. It's a 7.62x54R, It's easy to remember that its the Russian rifle round.

The current solution for speedloaders would work equally well for clips. The clip/speedloader stays "attached" until you reload, and then shows up in inventory, empty.