Sign in to follow this  
Wolfe R12

Where am i?

Hey,

I've been playing dayz for a couple hours now and i got killed and then i spawned somewhere ive never seen before and i have seem to of gotten lost... i was trying to find water and food then go to the airfield.

Any help would be appreciated

This is a pic of where i am:

http://imgur.com/MByqM66

Edited by Guest

Hey,

I've been playing dayz for a couple hours now and i got killed and then i spawned somewhere ive never seen before and i have seem to of gotten lost... i was trying to find water and food then go to the airfield.

Any help would be appreciated

This is a pic of where i am:

http://imgur.com/MByqM66

the first thing i learned about DayZ - when you spawn, run with the coast on your left shoulder >> elektro >> cherno >> balota airfield

run with the coast on your right shoulder >> solni >> berezino >> eventually NEAF

But look, I spent a good deal of time today with my fresh spawn, and I found a completely unlooted new military base with only one pistol in it.

The airbases aren't what everyone seems to make them out to be, especially since they're a great target for server hoppers.

Left is best.

Cherno, Elektro and Balota are all nearly abandoned. I went to all three yesterday without seeing a single other player.

Berezino is swarming with mad axe men.

Left is best.

Cherno, Elektro and Balota are all nearly abandoned. I went to all three yesterday without seeing a single other player.

Berezino is swarming with mad axe men.

I second that. Besides, Berezino is half barren of loot, granted not too many people seem to go to the main gun spot, or any of the other ones for some reason. Solni's only purpose in this game thus far is to spawn some melee weapons basically...

However, if you do run into someone in Elektro or Cherno at this point, expect them to be well armed and ready to rob you. If you're alone, just sort of hover over 'F2' if you're in a well populated server.

the first thing i learned about DayZ - when you spawn, run with the coast on your left shoulder >> elektro >> cherno >> balota airfield

run with the coast on your right shoulder >> solni >> berezino >> eventually NEAF

But look, I spent a good deal of time today with my fresh spawn, and I found a completely unlooted new military base with only one pistol in it.

The airbases aren't what everyone seems to make them out to be, especially since they're a great target for server hoppers.

Yeah, there are quite a few guardhouses all alone by themselves, separate from any major compounds or towns, and only one of them does not have a couple barracks buildings around. I'm used to finding them completely untouched.

The hardcore survivalists and game purists will hate me for posting this, but there is a handy site, called DayZdb.com that has a very detailed map, very useful for finding your way around Chernarus, especially when you are new to the game.

P.S. FrankieG is correct, you are at Factory, Near Solnichniy on the East Coast of Chernarus.

Edited by Kerwyn