Sign in to follow this  
Amagous

Can't play: "You were kicked off the game. Battleye: Client not responding"

This is for the DayZ Standalone game.

Title pretty much says it all. I join a server, play for literally 2 seconds, then the red link of laggy death shows up, and somewhere between 5-15 seconds later, I get booted from the server and the message "You were kicked off the game. Battleye: Client not responding" shows up.

- I bought the game on steam and installed it.
 - I manually downloaded and installed the Battleye file in the appropriate Battleye folder in the DayZ folder.
 - I have UAC turned off. DayZ is being ran as an administrator.
 - I've ran it both with my antivirus off, as well as with it being allowed through the firewall (Norton's).
 - My game is up to the current stable build date. I am opted out of experimental beta builds.

I've found no luck anywhere. Can someone help me out and tell me how to fix this so that I can play? I loved the mod, and I can't wait to play the full game (Assuming it doesn't turn out like Heroes of Might and Magic VI and I'm forced to ask steam for a refund). This issue is persisting in every server I connect to, regardless of ping or player population (Only tried to connect to day time servers so far. Doubt that's the problem).

Edited by Amagous

What kind of rig do you have? If your rig can't run DayZ correctly, there will be problems between you and the server. I have a buddy that can't run DayZ. Everytime he goes to play the game logs him back off because his GPU and CPU can;t keep up. But of course, there could be other reason also. But i am suspecting that this is your problem, unless you can prove otherwise :) Just list the specs on your rig and we will go from there.

Edited by MrJoeDirty

2048 MB Graphics Card
6.99 GB Usable Ram (8.00 GB installed and working)

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 Ghz

I should be able to run the game no problem, and the graphics are set appropriately for my graphics card.

Edited by Amagous

This is an Issue in Arma 3 aswell, and i think i read somewhere it was a problem connected to Steam.
Every once in a while, steam looses connections for a sec or to, with the main server.
This means BE looses connection aswell, and if its not regained fast enough you end up with this :)

I cannot promise you this is 100% accurate, because i simply dont rememebr where i saw it (BI forums somewhere)

But im quite sure this is whats happening.
It hasnt been fixed in Arma 3, but its gotten better, so dont expect a "wunderfix" for DayZ any time soon :)

IT07, my internet speed is 2MBpS DOWNLOAD, that's what I actually get. I think it's technically like 10MBpS or something. My internet isn't the problem either. @ Byrgesen, that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

The only thing I found was this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134972-BattlEye-Client-not-responding

But I can't get in to change any of my internet settings, and I was able to play the mod DayZ which is protected by the same Battleye client without a problem before, so I have no idea why it is acting up now.

*curses quietly to himself* You'd think when they remade the game as a standalone, they'd of had the intelligence NOT to use Battleye after how poorly it combatted hackers and how much of a nuisance it was for legitimate players before.

Edited by Amagous

*curses quietly to himself* You'd think when they remade the game as a standalone, they'd of had the intelligence NOT to use Battleye after how poorly it combatted hackers and how much of a nuisance it was for legitimate players before.

BE has always been very effective in banning cheaters and it has never been a problem for anyone that knows a bit about computers and has his system under control. I never had any problem with BE since I started playing Arma 2 in 2011, so it's safe to say that any problems that occur are caused by something on the user's end, may it be hardware (cheap routers) or software (poorly configured system, unneccessary AV/ FIrewalls etc.).

Edited by Nik21
  • Like 1

^ Obvious Battleye Spokesperson.

I've watched people "nuke" an entire servers playerbase for 10 minutes straight, other players spawn in Tanks and VTOL Aircraft, another player teleporting around, and at least 2 more players flying around. Not in aircraft, just flying or "no clipping", all of which were confirmed NOT admins or mods on the server back on the Mod, across the span of about 9 months. These were not rare occurences either, and any DayZ Mod veteran knows it. Now try and sit there and tell me how competent Battleye is. It is a terrible anti-cheat system, truly.

Edit: On the topic of connection to the battleye servers, I now believe it's my modem. It continually likes to act up at random times with the Steam servers and my connection, albeit briefly. It could be disallowing BE to connect as I am locked out of my modem by my internet company and can not change anything in it.

Edited by Amagous

I've watched people "nuke" an entire servers playerbase for 10 minutes straight, other players spawn in Tanks and VTOL Aircraft, another player teleporting around, and at least 2 more players flying around. Not in aircraft, just flying or "no clipping", all of which were confirmed NOT admins or mods on the server back on the Mod, across the span of about 9 months. These were not rare occurences either, and any DayZ Mod veteran knows it. Now try and sit there and tell me how competent Battleye is. It is a terrible anti-cheat system, truly.

You try to act like it's BE's fault that the Arma engine makes these types of hacks possible. They are not possible (or will be patched) in the SA because the engine and server-client architecture of the game prevents it. And guess what, the SA uses BE too. Maybe you should try to understand things first before you rant about them, it's been explained hundrets of times..

• Like 1

Stupid BE, not the game, just the BE causing alot of problem. It was fine before the update now BE is POS!!!