Sign in to follow this  
Slyguy65

Is weight going to play a factor ever?

You know will a guy with a talon backpack ever be able to out run a mountain backpack hermit?

Just curious cause I don't know if they said that weight and such was going to be a thing.

I hope both weight and space play a factor so micromanaging will be important but it's probably a pipe dream, what they have now is fine and working i'd be surprised if they add weight as well... but they better or i'm calling mum.

• Like 3

Hopefully... would give people a reason to dump those fire axes and motorcycle helmets for more reasonable tools and headgear, much more depth would be added to the gameplay.

• Like 1

It would be easy to introduce a system where the heavier the clothing item or weapon you carry, the more slots are removed from use in your backpack (ie wear a ballistic helmet, lose one slot of space. carry an axe, lose three slots etc). Keeps it simpler than the weight system in Stalker, for instance.

• Like 1

Wait...

How on earth does having something ON YOUR HEAD remove space from your backpack or vest? Really?

If people wish to be a slow sort, that don't sprint everywhere, and wish to survive for several days in the wilderness, let them. ACE does it the best way - if you are extremely heavy, automatically your breathing is fastened, and your aim is off. Screen-effects make you feel like your person is tired. If you keep sprinting, for example, when you stumble due to exhaustion you will fall over, and then eventually have to crawl.

It would be easy to introduce a system where the heavier the clothing item or weapon you carry, the more slots are removed from use in your backpack (ie wear a ballistic helmet, lose one slot of space. carry an axe, lose three slots etc). Keeps it simpler than the weight system in Stalker, for instance.

We need both. If I want to fill my backpack with lead balls (the ones used for that sport where you throw them from the shoulder), half a sausage backpack would be enough to drag me to the ground, even though half the slots are left.

• Like 1

How on earth does having something ON YOUR HEAD remove space from your backpack or vest? Really?

It is merely representative of its extra weight :)

We need both. If I want to fill my backpack with lead balls (the ones used for that sport where you throw them from the shoulder), half a sausage backpack would be enough to drag me to the ground, even though half the slots are left.

An actual weight system would probably be very difficult to introduce, let alone additionally considering the sizes of objects. If heavier objects remove more slots, then your lead balls (hurhur) would take up more slots in the pack than tins of food, due to their extra weight. Objects sizes are already considered and should count equally (ie a cereal box takes four slots due to it's size, a lead ball takes four slots due to its weight).