firstrock1503

Zombie attack=everything ruined in backpack?

I had a zombie attack me from behind last night, he hit me once and it ruined everything in my backpack! My shotgun, 45 and magnum were all ruined! I tried the cleaning kit on them but you cannot do this on ruined weapons.

This is frustrating but it is Alpha after all, so no biggie.

stupid ducking zombies,one hit = gun rusty and broken,seems legit

• Like 1

I believe this is a result of the damage system being slowly implemented.

It also seems that if you get shot, you'll take less damage personally if they shoot you in the TTkSO (or whatever) vest, instead damaging what you're wearing and the items held within.

But yeah, your gear took damage, but you didn't bleed did you?

I notice also that ruined gear doesn't protect you from any zombie hits at all, in terms of chance to bleed.

Finally, I notice a lot of people bitching about losing their gear...

What will you do when your gear correctly degrades from use, degradation effects items usefulness, ruined backpacks/clothes won't hold items, and damage from zombies/players destroys much of the gear you do have?

You'll have to keep looting to keep up.

No wonder I was hit several times today and didn't bleed. Then when I had nothing but a t-shirt on when respawning, I bled on the first hit. Cool stuff. I noticed some things were damaged when I was attacked before, but not everything.

I'm not sure I buy into a zombie hitting a backpack and ruining a magnum but I could see him messing up something like a saline bag or something in the process.

Personally I'd go for them ripping a hole in your bag and junk falling out that you either have to leave behind and run or fight to get back

Treat Zs like you would a freshie. TBH, if you're letting them get close enough to smack you upside the head, you're doing it wrong! It's not like the Zs have anything going for them right now.

I actually love that shit gets damaged now and unusable... however, I think some stuff shouldn't be as fragile as egg shells.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this damage system evolves. 

yeah this happened to me as well, I would like to see the items take a bit more abuse...after all im sure most military gear can withstand more physical abuse then normal clothing.

I've found the system to work pretty well so far. I've had items on my body usually just drop a level (worn --> damaged) when getting hit, if at all. Never have I been attacked and had everything become ruined. I've only had one can of beans ruined, and I'm sure it was damaged/badly damaged to start. 

Found a dead guy who was most likely shot in the apartments above Cherno. While most of the things on him were ruined, his magnum and the ammo was pristine. Eventually I passed it on to a fellow survivor.  :)

Edited by solodude23

everything in Russia is just made out of cardboard and staples xD

• Like 1

Are you sure you just didn't get shot at some point?

Has lowering of item quality from zombie hits been confirmed?

Are you sure you just didn't get shot at some point?

Has lowering of item quality from zombie hits been confirmed?

Yes. Was never shot the other day, but was having rough luck with zombies. Ruined my protective cases  and messed up my clothes a bit

It's not like the Zs have anything going for them right now.

They can attack through walls & floors

The movement noise they make is very inconsistent, this makes them hard to track and also allows them to get the jump on you if an object blocks your view

These 2 things are a huge advantage for the infected

Sometimes I really feel that stuff gets destroyed too much.

It's like you get hit by 1 bullet and it bounces all around your backpack, tacvest and even manages to f%^& up your pants.

At the moment it just feels as a bit overdone, hopefully they will tone it down a bit.

They really need to do something about the one hit and one shot everything ruined bullshit.

Good luck being able to bandage after the patch lol. Oh no my bandages are ruined because a theres a bullet hole in it so i guess i'll just bleed myself out cuz bandage with hole = poison

M4's might have reliability issues if not properly maintained, but I don't think being flop-slapped would suddenly cause it to become inoperable

Hi.

I've found if your backpack or clothing is pristine it protects the gear inside, but once it gets damaged the stuff inside takes damage. Of course this is alpher and experiences are sure to vary.

Regards.

Alt tabbed and was set upon by two zombies, (in the middle of nowhere pretty much), pristine back pack, ammo case, carrier case, - everything ruined inside the pack and also inside case/ammo case which where inside the pack. Also a magnum and an FNX45. The only things that survived was my M4, (in my hands), and ammo on my body.

Pretty much had to ditch 3/4s of my stuff. At least 200 rounds of ammo.

I think it's a tad unrealistic that zombies can damage handguns but it's early days after all.

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

Don't let a zombie hit you its that simple just watch out for ninja zomibes. My brother and I were playing on experimental and had a invisible/glitched under the environment zombie hit us and beat us up for a bit it was funny. I am sure they will fix the damage table along the way though and sometimes I don't even take damage when the clearly hit me its weird man.

Don't let a zombie hit you its that simple just watch out for ninja zomibes. My brother and I were playing on experimental and had a invisible/glitched under the environment zombie hit us and beat us up for a bit it was funny. I am sure they will fix the damage table along the way though and sometimes I don't even take damage when the clearly hit me its weird man.

They' re definitely playing with the damage . Just got hit again, (playing crap today), and the only thing effected was my pristine walkie-talkie which went to worn.

I had a zombie attack me from behind last night, he hit me once and it ruined everything in my backpack! My shotgun, 45 and magnum were all ruined!

You suffered an underestimated attack... the zombie claws!

jewclaw-o.gif