Anthonydeclendon

Can't join any servers "Confirmation of changes: Bad version, server rejected connection"

Hey there!

So ever since the recent update to dayz standalone I haven't been able to join any servers. They do show up, but every single one has a big red 'X' by it. When I attempt to join a pop up appears saying  "Confirmation of changes: Bad version, server rejected connection". I have no clue what to do and have tried everything except completely reinstalling dayz standalone. Has anybody managed to fix this problem? I think it has something to do with battleye as there was a pop up when I tried to join saying to read and accept the new terms and conditions, which I did. And now it's all screwed and I've spent the past two days trying to fix it in my spare time.

Please help!!

Cheers

Update:

I've changed from experimental to the normal standalone, and now the servers work! However I'm sick of that and wanna play the newly updated version still. Any help still appreciated~

Edited by Anthonydeclendon

I have this problem as well. It seems my version has been updated to v. 114792 with all of the servers I can see being listed as having version 114557. I think that Steam has automatically updated the game to the experimental version without a easy way to back out of it. What a pain in the bum!

Wait for the experimental servers to get online, but realise they are exactly that, experimental :)
Theres only a few of them up and they get filled up almost instantly.

So if i were you, i would lean back, stay on stabile branch and wait untill the 5-7 feb, for the update to stabile :)

I have this problem as well. It seems my version has been updated to v. 114792 with all of the servers I can see being listed as having version 114557. I think that Steam has automatically updated the game to the experimental version without a easy way to back out of it. What a pain in the bum!

You can always opt out of it mate.
Right click DayZ -> Properties -> Betas -> NONE - opt out of betas

Now if it doesnt start to update the game right away, close steam and run a "Verify integrity of game cache" to force it to check the files :)
Should do the trick just fine..

I've changed from experimental to the normal standalone, and now the servers work! However I'm sick of that and wanna play the newly updated version still. Any help still appreciated~

If you want to play with the experimental branch, you have to play on the experimental testings servers. You cannot join servers that run a different version obviously.

So if i were you, i would lean back, stay on stabile branch and wait untill the 5-7 feb, for the update to stabile :)

Looks like I'm gonna have to do this, cheers man!

If you want to play with the experimental branch, you have to play on the experimental testings servers. You cannot join servers that run a different version obviously.

Yes, I know, I'm not an idiot. I have updated it and changed to the experimental servers though I cannot join them, as I stated above, they all have a red 'X' and get the same message every time. Cheers for the input. :/

Haven’t played in a while had a go a week ago and got this message “Confirmation of changes “Tried last night and get it on all server's.

My character is gone from the main select screen also, Verified files, Tried experimental same message, Updated battleye manual, Added dayz to nod32 exclusions - Hips disabled, Havent changed anything and it worked before.

Cheers

Edited by Smiley_ie

Heads up tried everything as above forwarding ports on router no firewalls, Fix was uninstall and reinstall ?