Sign in to follow this  
boxy0127

Wider Variety Of Drugs?

I'm not saying there isn't enough, but I've had a few ideas that could come into DayZ without bursting the 'relevance and practicality' bubble. There are two alternatives to painkillers that I think would be OK to add into DayZ.

Morphine Syrettes (WWII era). Due to being obsolete, the syrette should be rare and maybe found only in the rag-tag hospital up North. I'm thinking maybe finding them in a small container like a box, which can be emptied, similar to boxes of ammo. Emptying would take one syrette from say a five syrette box and place it in the hands/inventory of the player. To administer, a player would go through the same process as the Auto-injector (RMB then click use).

Another pain alternative is has been recently introduced to the US military (but I think it still can be in the game). It is oral transmucosal fentanyl citrate. It is a strong painkiller adminstered for injuries that happen during combat. It comes in a box of maybe 10 (will vary from supplier to supplier) and is wrapped individually in a foil-type material.

Different degrees of pain would probably increase the need for different drugs and hopefully it will be implemented.

Also it is to be noted that these drugs are habit forming, addiction could maybe cause you to lose health at a slow-fast rate depending on how dependent you are on the drug (determined by how much you use it), decreased health increases infection rates and whatnot.

Plz give opinions. 

• Like 2

Would 70+ year old Morphine still be viable?  We currently have Morphine Autoinjectors, which strangely still heal broken legs (think that's a mistake, should be splint only)

Also amphetamine is used by different armies to prevent hunger and tiredness. Vodka could be used to for pain. My question is that if your charater uses lot of drugs should charater become addict?

I think addiction should be added in, it would make it more difficult for sustained relief of extreme pain which requires morphine.

Also amphetamine is used by different armies to prevent hunger and tiredness. Vodka could be used to for pain. My question is that if your charater uses lot of drugs should charater become addict?

Hmmm... they should definitely add vodka to the game and if you drink enough you will get drunk.

• Like 1

Hmmm... they should definitely add vodka to the game and if you drink enough you will get drunk.

Can't have Cyrillic text without vodka, makes the game feel weird.

Add all the drugs  :thumbsup:  :beans: , Drug your friends beans cause you love them so much, drug your hostages so they never lead a normal life again, drug yourself so you can become a bad ass super soldier who doesn't need to eat and doesn't get that much in the way of pain, heck we should even make blood transfusions spread drug addiction slightly, make everyone druggies :D .

I remember Dean saying something about narcotics some time before the launch of the alpha, It's a good idea but they would have to have 1) Some sort of effect to make them want to be taken in the first place, like a steadier aim, an effect on injuries or like for PCP for example, a boost in movement speed and 2) Side effects like withdrawal symptoms, an immunity build up to the effects after constant use, overdoses and other varying effects depending on the drug.

Edited by BigHairyFenian

I like the Idea of possible addiction, as it has happened before in real life so it would make the game more realistic.