Sign in to follow this  
RangerFire

Connection Issue

I've been playing the Standalone for quite a while now and since the last patch, I have been experiencing a strange connection issue.

After joining a server, I can play for a few minutes but then suddenly it will stop responding. Zombies won't move and my friends will run off into the distance even though they insist that they are standing next to me.  I can't take out my guns, interact with the environment or interact with my inventory.  During this, I get the yellow (unbroken) connection chain or no chain at all.

Frequently my friends will tell me that I am being hit by zombies and have to shoot them off of me and bandage me up, but on my screen nothing is happening.  Strangely, I can still walk around.

If I wait 5-10 minutes, suddenly everything that happened while I was experiencing this issue will occur at once.  Doors will open, I will be bleeding, friends will re-appear etc.  This is accompanied with the Broken Red Connection chain.  If I leave the server during the connection issue time period, it is fine and when I join back in the process repeats; I can play for a little while, but eventually everything freaks out.

Anyone experienced this?  Any ideas what the cause is? 

My current thought is that it is my internet losing connectivity for a short moment and then the game freaking out and taking a while to catch me back up.  However the fact that it happens every time after a few minutes (anywhere between 1 and 20) makes me doubt this.

Edited by RangerFire

Same problem here, it's basically made the game unplayable for myself.

• Like 1

Glad to know I'm not alone!  It happens in servers of all ping values, so its not that they are just slow because of that.