Sign in to follow this  
bfisher

Do New Players Not Understand How Hard Core This Shit Is?

I totally agree sir!

We're getting too many noob post complaining about how hard the game is.

Most of us want it harder!

Shame we can't vote delete thread, so the forums don't get cluttered with noobs crying.

I'm wondering if players who are new to the standalone simply just don't know how hard core this shit is.

I've been playing the mod off and on for a bit over a year. Before I even downloaded the mod, I already had some expectations from message boards and YouTube videos.

So for players who are new to the standalone who are thinking about crying because they keep getting killed:

* You will most likely die within 15 minutes (based off of actual server statistics)

* Until you know what you're doing, you will struggle to find weapons, medicine, food and drink.

* Nearly everyone you meet will be outfitted like a Spetsnaz death squad with silenced automatic weapons. If this were the mod, they would probably also have a helicopter gunship.

* Back in the day there was always a sniper with a thermal scoped .50 cal rifle at Cherno, Elektro and NWAF. Stary, Balota and the corridor between Kamenka and NWAF were no picnic either.

* If someone offered you a ride, it was probably to drop you off in the middle of nowhere and kill you. They would also probably rape you if that was a feature in the game.

* Your biggest threats are other players, opening doors, ladders, rocks, zombies, thirst, hunger

* Back in the day, you had a fair chance of dying from simply being instakilled or dropped into a Thunderdome by a hacker.

* Even someone who is friendly will likely turn on you when the opportunity presents itself.

* You go to known military weapon spawns and are surprised someone KoS you? What were YOU doing there? Dropping of donations to UNICEF?

* I can see you. Seriously. It freaks me out because I figure if you have no idea I'm watching you, who the fuck might be watching me right now!?

* If loot wasn't sort of rare, it wouldn't be a survival game. It'd be a picking shit up off the ground game.

* This is a game of long hours of lonely tedium, interspersed with moments of profound terror followed by either elation or bitter rage.