Sign in to follow this  
dashx73 (DayZ)

Map Converted To Island With Various Weather Climates - Images For Example

I have converted the map into an island to give an example of what I would like to see.

Oww yeah.

Where can i download? Steamworkshop yet?

Would also like to see smaller islands on the edges, so ppl who used to hide in the north or west of the map could now hide on islands

Anyway have mixed feelings about the island. The climate zones and radiation looks pretty awesome. I remember a server in epoch where stary was a radiation zone. Was pretty cool

beans

Edited by Freshmen

Great idea all I can say is bigger more citys and maybe make the radiation zone smaller or farther from the mainalnd because you just radiated bernzino and solichinity.

yes to snow and dealing with end of the map

no to radiation... there are no radioactive sources

I wouldn't mind a bit of an irradiated zone, provided we can get the proper gear to survive it if necessary. Suits, masks, geiger counters, stuff like that.

The boundaries could also just be made of an enormous forest (randomly generated perhaps so they wouldn't have an headache placing all the trees) housing a huge hostile wildlife environnement (known dangerous animals in russia). The deeper you go in the forest the more there is animals. That would work very well if they implement a stamina feature so you won't just be able to sprint all across the forest and escape the animals to the debug land again. For example, trying to do so would lead you into running out of energy and getting caught by the hungry wolves pack chasing you. Since it will be much harder to survive in those woods (you would have to scavenge and find/craft resources yourself while facing the waves of  always more hungry animals) people will be temped to stay on the real map. Since wild animals were confirmed this could be a simple and cool option for the map boundaries. In the same time, I personally think this would really add awesome gameplay features. You would go in the deepest spot you can after looting the essential stuff in town and start building up yourself a sort of log cabin, some traps and stuff to defend your shelter from nature instead of having it easy with loots in houses. I know, people will already do that when wildlife comes out on the actual map but it will just get harder to be in the end of nowhere far from civilisation with more active wild life. You won't be temped to go in town when you are in critical conditions because you just won't be able to. It will also be fun to see how long you can survive against the waves of incoming animals

When we were playing earlier, I noticed it seems to take significantly less time to travel to some of the same locations we were used to traveling, almost like they made it smaller.. or took out some of the spaces in-between. But perhaps its just dayz mind games..

The character model is bigger in the SA than in the mod.