Sign in to follow this  
AsHawkins

Building Structures.

Homes

&

The Possibilities

Hello DayZ community. I have still yet to play the game, still dying to, but I want to know about it as much as possible before I start. When I was watching videos on DayZ, there were forts, and reinforced houses, and placed doors. Can you build a whole fort? Will someone explain to me what the possibilities are when it comes to building?

Unsure if you were watching the DayZ Mod, or DayZ Standalone but this is the Standalone version forums, and DayZ SA doesn't have building features implemented yet so no one can say for sure to be honest.

You obviously watched videos for the Arme II Mod DayZ (and I think for the Mod "Echo" of the Mod) NOT for the Standalone version - because the Standalone version does not have any form of playermade buildings in it at the moment.

It is on the roadmap and will be implemented, but that may last some time, maybe months.

Edit: Damn, stop ninjaing me -.-

Edited by LaughingJack

You were probably watching vids of a mod of the mod.  Standalone has no player construction at all yet, not even placing down tents or barbwire, which you can do in the mod.  Player construction is something that's wanted, but that might not make it in till Beta, if not later.  But who knows, they might have a breakthrough and have base construction hashed out earlier.

I would like to be able to take over a structure like a house or something.  Maybe build some reinforcements, booby traps, have some storage containers, etc.