Sign in to follow this  
rocu

Knocking unconscious?

How/when do zombies knock you unconscious?

Usually when a zombie hits you, you start bleeding. But in some cases they knock you down and that hourglass loading just appears, then you wait it, you sort of come back to life or what not and then he hits you again and you die.

Why or how the hell does this happen? This has happened to me twice already and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. Both times I had loads of items and valuable weapons.

Does it happen when you're running low on blood? Both of the times when it happened I had about 9000-11000 blood. Is it really low enough for a zombie to kill you with 1 hit?

From about 10k blood down the chance of zeds knocking you out increases dramatically.

Just a fyi, the wiki is often wrong about specific things I have found. Though it is good as a general guide. Take what you read there with a grain of salt.

Not saying I'm 100% dead on about the 10k, but its what sticks in my mind as having read that number from rocket somewhere iirc.

Just a fyi' date=' the wiki is often wrong about specific things I have found. Though it is good as a general guide. Take what you read there with a grain of salt[/quote']

It's not necessarily that the wiki is "wrong" either. Sometimes it's just out of date. This is an Alpha so things are constantly being tweaked.

"Out of date"= incorrect= wrong

Hence why I said take it with a grain of salt.

From my own experience I believe it has been changed. It used to be a rarity to get knocked unconscious by a single zombie. Now it seems to be happening to me daily at upwards of 10k blood. My preference is more to get overwhelmed by a several zombies and go down, but this has made it so even one by itself can pretty much end your day. Between this and breaking bones more often, I prefer to just round them up into a barn and blow all their heads off instead of trying to sneak by.

Aah okay, thank you all.

So I should just pretty much keep my blood over 11000 to be totally safe?

Also, wiki? Would love a link to that.

Thx!

"Out of date"= incorrect= wrong

Hence why I said take it with a grain of salt.

The information is still "right" if it's out of date, just not for the current version. Of course most people are running the newest version now so it's wrong for them. :)