GrumpyFragger

How Long Does It Take...

to regenerate from nearly dead to full blood when your status is healthy ?

Edited by GrumpyFragger

it depends. You need to eat a lot first. Then after your stomach is empty. Drink lots. Healing will occur but the healing status won't show up until some time[bug]. Then after you are healed to full health and full blood, you will get the "healthy" status which persists until your values go down again.

To regain blood and health you would need

Slow Regeneration (1blood/second):

• Energy > 3500
  • Water > 3000

Full Regeneration (3blood/second):

• Energy > 5000
  • Water > 3500

I've yet to see this mystical healthy status. In fact, I think I might have more chance of riding on my unicorn going bandit hunting  B)

it depends. You need to eat a lot first. Then after your stomach is empty. Drink lots. Healing will occur but the healing status won't show up until some time[bug]. Then after you are healed to full health and full blood, you will get the "healthy" status which persists until your values go down again.

To regain blood and health you would need

Slow Regeneration (1blood/second):

• Energy > 3500
  • Water > 3000

Full Regeneration (3blood/second):

• Energy > 5000
  • Water > 3500

As I stated, my status is already healthy/never dropped after I got wounded.

If you get wounded while being in healthy state it should change to "Healing" until you are at full health again. If you still have desaturation of colours after that I recommend relogging. And if that doesn't help I would urge you to bug report it, because that sounds like a strange symptom.

• Like 1

the healthy status appears in your inventory menu, and yes its real, i managed to heal my guy yesterday, colors were all washed out and after eating a whole serial box and a box of rice and plenty of water my colors became vivid again, it does work and that was the first time that i was able to do it. Just eat a lot and drink a lot and you will see results.

I finally got the healing / healthy status last night.

Everyone says eat everything and drink everything... Kinda vague ya know! Heres what I did to get healing status.

I let my thirst/hunger bars go yellow. I drank water till till thirst went away. Ate food till hunger away. Then I alternated between the two. Drink/eat/drink/eat. I did this till my character said I am really stuffed. I sat their for a few mins and the healing status appeared.

I did not move after I got the healing status. I just sat there for about 10 mins and my color came back. A few mins later I got the healthy status and went on my way :P

I've had my colour come back loads of times. Obviously in the healing process. But it's never actually said it on my screen :(

I finally got the healing / healthy status last night.

Everyone says eat everything and drink everything... Kinda vague ya know! Heres what I did to get healing status.

I let my thirst/hunger bars go yellow. I drank water till till thirst went away. Ate food till hunger away. Then I alternated between the two. Drink/eat/drink/eat. I did this till my character said I am really stuffed. I sat their for a few mins and the healing status appeared.

I did not move after I got the healing status. I just sat there for about 10 mins and my color came back. A few mins later I got the healthy status and went on my way :P

Pretty much this is what they meant. Just eat and drink everything! You find it, you consume it (if its safe). Only keep a filled canteen for emergencies but for the rest, don't store food/drinks in your inventory at all since they're a waste of space. Your body can store it for you and it won't make you go any more or less further than when its sitting in your inventory.

Consumable goods represent a certain value of water or energy. Whether you "store" it in your inventory or in your body makes no difference in terms of how long you're going to last on them.

Let's say you had 100 points in your body and 10 points stored in your inventory. Your total is energy is 110 points and this will get you going for x distance.

Now consume the stored food instead, it increases your bodily stores to 110 which would allow you to go equally far as the situation above, except you have more inventory space. At all times, your total energy equals what you have in your body + what you have in your inventory. However, consuming it has 2 benefits; first it saves inventory space and second, it allows for regeneration to occur. So eat everything.

P.S. the only possible advantage I see at storing food in your inventory is so you have something as a backup if you're out in the wild but if you plot your route in such a way that you come across food (which you should alway do) this isn't required.

Edited by Syphax4Ever
  • Like 1

Pretty much this is what they meant. Just eat and drink everything! You find it, you consume it (if its safe). Only keep a filled canteen for emergencies but for the rest, don't store food/drinks in your inventory at all since they're a waste of space. Your body can store it for you and it won't make you go any more or less further than when its sitting in your inventory.

Consumable goods represent a certain value of water or energy. Whether you "store" it in your inventory or in your body makes no difference in terms of how long you're going to last on them.

Let's say you had 100 points in your body and 10 points stored in your inventory. Your total is energy is 110 points and this will get you going for x distance.

Now consume the stored food instead, it increases your bodily stores to 110 which would allow you to go equally far as the situation above, except you have more inventory space. At all times, your total energy equals what you have in your body + what you have in your inventory. However, consuming it has 2 benefits; first it saves inventory space and second, it allows for regeneration to occur. So eat everything.

P.S. the only possible advantage I see at storing food in your inventory is so you have something as a backup if you're out in the wild but if you plot your route in such a way that you come across food (which you should alway do) this isn't required.

Another aspect about food is you can store tons of it in your body as energy.  I think that really good video out there said a full 5k in energy will last like 20 hours running in game.  If you are healthy and just don't AVOID food then you probably don' t even need to go out of your way to keep up.

If you get wounded while being in healthy state it should change to "Healing" until you are at full health again. If you still have desaturation of colours after that I recommend relogging. And if that doesn't help I would urge you to bug report it, because that sounds like a strange symptom.

Was in "healthy" state when I got shot by a Mosin ( that prolly safed me ), run into cover, bandaged, hit TAB and was still "healthy" even with all colors gone and everything looked like I was drunk. Run away for about 5min, got in cover again and started eating and drinking, I think overall 3 cans, half pack of rice and about 4 sodas, placed myself into a bush and went afk for about 30min = all good again. Also I got not the usual shaking that you got in the Mod after you got wounded, is this not in the SA yet ?

Yes you can store like 3 times the space food would take in your backpack in your body, so your body is more efficient in storing food (as energy) than your backpack is.

it doesn't say it on your screen, if you go to your inventory and look at your character it will say healthy, it will now show up on the bottom left screen. Only in your inventory it will say that you are healthy

i got shot in the leg by a mosin, lost most of my health but not much blood, took about 30min to 45 min to heal back to full health, that was before the latest patch though.

I have a clean black n white screen (not blurry) and my character has been "Healthy/Energized"  or something similar.  I definitely know it says Energized, but not sure what the other thing says since I can't log in right now.  However, they are both green and I've been with this black n white screen for more than 30 minutes... 

Any ideas?

edit: oh i'm also playing on a hardcore server... not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Edited by twinturbonet

I've yet to see this mystical healthy status. In fact, I think I might have more chance of riding on my unicorn going bandit hunting  B)

I didn't even know this was a thing until i joined these forums.

to regenerate from nearly dead to full blood when your status is healthy ?

its the other way around afaik, you regain blood before you regain health.

either way, to regain blood you need hydrated/energized.. light green for 1% regen, bright green on i believe hydrated, for 2% regen.

Edited by mosibfu

Logged in last night and it seemed like my color was coming back.  As I was running, I kept eating and taking swags of water to keep myself from losing my hydrated/energized status and by the time I logged off, I felt like my screen was fully colored.