Sign in to follow this  
razguul@gmail.com

Reloading With 'function' Key

I would really like the reload option to not be a part of the function key, the key used to open doors, pick up items and such, often when you are in a bit of a hurry and are not positioned in the exact right spot to activate a door you'll reload your weapon to a different magazine by accident.

Just make 'R' the default button to reload a magazine whether it's full or empty.

• Like 4

:delete me - misread:

Edited by jumling

Everytime I drink from the pump with my M4 drawn I reload it 5 times in the process.

10yes

• Like 1

Yep...i wonder why they need to be in the action menu when you already have hotkeys for those functions. Really breaking fluid movement imo.

do i remember wrong ? i think you can already do it with "r". at least you could do it in an earlier build

This has got to be one of the simplest things to fix and it would have an enormous impact.  Can't stand it when I have an M4 loaded with a CMAG, with a second CMAG in my inventory, and I try to open a door but miss and I'm forced to reload my weapon.  Not only is it annoying, but it's a huge giveaway if you're trying to be stealthy and suddenly you start making the load noises associated with a reload.