Sign in to follow this  
iPlay_Zombies

Iphone Integration? Cool Idea :d

Me and my friend were just thinking, when we start getting bases and base building, there should be some way you can place down trip mines that send a message to the DayZ app and notify you that your base is under attack.

This can then prompt you to message other clan mates to check it out and defend the base.

• Like 2

No. Unrealistic and just stupid.

• Like 7

Hmm naah.

What about people who doesnt have an Iphone?

Or the people who simply wont support companies like Apple?
Should they be left out, because you want a "gadget"?

This is not a good idea tbh, you need to stick around your base and defend it + where would you find power, in an apocalypse, to make something like this happen?

It doesnt really fit into an Apocalyptic Scenario mate, its way to high tech tbh.

• Like 3

not really in the true spirit of the game now is it....

Why is that? In real life you could attach a flaregun or something of the sort to a trip wire, so you get an alarm when someone is near your base. 

And please people you brake this down to "oh well what about people who don't have iphones?!"  Really?! REALLY?! Of course it wouldnt't be iPhone exclusive! iPhone/Android/Windows Phone, Email what ever. 

Although I'm sure it will never happen, I like the idea, because in real life you got build some sort of alarm system as well. You simply can't be online 24/7.

Edited by phoboss

In the trip flare analogy, there's a sentry on duty somewhere that see's the flare and alerts the camp to the potential threat.

What you want the trip flare to do is to alert people who aren't in the camp and not even logged in.

Goes against the whole "If you're not guarding it, someone is going to steal it or trash it..." ethos of the game.

Isn't this exactly what they've planned for Rust? This isn't Rust.. what is Rust? Pfft!

it's unrealistic for character disappear magically when you logout too. What can we do about that? I'm strongly against it - cause im an Android person. 

Edited by sYs

Why is that? In real life you could attach a flaregun or something of the sort to a trip wire, so you get an alarm when someone is near your base. 

And please people you brake this down to "oh well what about people who don't have iphones?!"  Really?! REALLY?! Of course it wouldnt't be iPhone exclusive! iPhone/Android/Windows Phone, Email what ever. 

Although I'm sure it will never happen, I like the idea, because in real life you got build some sort of alarm system as well. You simply can't be online 24/7.

This is where the "instancing" of the base system comes into place :)

But like i said, if you have a base, in the open, be there to defend it.

This sending sms/email/notification crap is a little to much tbh.

Also, i believe your middle sentence was for me :) Ofc it could be made for all platforms, but that still gives an unfair advantage to anyone with a smartphone, over people who doesnt want/have one.

Some of us actually choose not to have mobile devices, because we wont support the companies trying to "steal" our money, but thats an entirely other discusion.

This really isnt needed tbh, it doesnt add anything amazing to the game and you should be there to defend your base, if you have one tbh.

Ofc you cant defend it day and night, but thats exactly why Rocket wants the bases to be instances, which are seperate from the Chernarussian world :)

As i see it, this is a waste of BI's precious development time :)

Isn't chernarus affected by radiation or something? Good luck getting a signal.

hehe. I'm sorry I came back to this thread. Now, a flare gun trip wire sounds like a neat idea, but then I would be worried I'd be drawing more attention then I wanted... 

Nah. Stupid idea.

Just add booby traps like:

Don't remember the name, but it involves a shotgun and tripwire.

Small, EXTREMELY rare landmines

Grenade, Flare, and Smoke tripwires (From mod)

Beartraps (From mod)

Oncd the IEDs are added, tripwires for those.

Bases aren't supposed to be hard to raid. 

Personally, i'de like bright-colored camping tents that say "Raid me!"

• Like 1

it's unrealistic for character disappear magically when you logout too. What can we do about that? I'm strongly against it - cause im an Android person. 

Android FTW :)

It's unrealistic for people that AREN'T in your base to magically know that another player is. TeamSpeak/Skype/etc are the pinnacles of nonrealism. Get rid of those before anything.

• Like 1

For those of you with the "Flare gun alarm" idea... don't you think it would be something that would also attract nearby zombies? I mean, they generally aren't quite and on top of that there's the bright light that would probably attract them - especially in the dark. So not just the attackers coming to the camp, you'd also have zombies (Which I'm sure will be more terrifying in the future)

Seriously, just the fact that iPhone was in the title of this post made me not want too bother reading it before I go off on one; but I forced myself too so I could actually make a descent reply rather than a raging rant.

I deeply resent it when people assume everybody on Earth craves technological synergy. Furthermore, I don't want too be at a disadvantage, and would find it incredibly unjust if I where, merely because I refuse too conform.

Enough said.

Edited by Survivor_Sabre

Okay you guys took this the wrong way lol. Its not like i am asking for Iphones in the game or anything. In REAL LIFE would would technically be sleeping at the base, it is your home. However, people like me have to sleep in real life and go to work/uni/school etc. We can't be defending the base 24/7. I repeat, if it was REAL LIFE you would actually be there. So this app is just a way to get around you actually having to live a real life.

If while your character is "Sleeping" in game, you are at work,. you could still defend it. Rather than come home from work and find you're base destroyed because you had to log out.

I don't think this would fit into the 'story' of the world.

For an alarm system like this, you would need power. There seems to be a distinct lack of electricity in this world.

On top of that, you'd need operating telephones exchanges and whatever else to be able to send the message to your phone. And again, they'd need electricity.

Considering the state of every other building in the game, any telephone exchanged would also be ripped to shreds and not be in any functional state.

I think it's a good idea, but just not one fit for the world you want it in.

Me and my friend were just thinking, when we start getting bases and base building, there should be some way you can place down trip mines that send a message to the DayZ app and notify you that your base is under attack.

This can then prompt you to message other clan mates to check it out and defend the base.

We're supposed to be in a post apocaliptic world where most of (if not all) the electronic devices are down. You can't use that kind of apps n goof via any network to tell you remotely what's happening.

If we want to check something, we have to travel there.

I know we aren't supposed to log off and our character normally would stay here all time, but still, it doesn't fit the world.

That could go on rust though.

Plus, we don't all have a smartphone. This is giving privilege to the wealthiest, or giving advantage depending on your "ethics" concerning some products. 

Not everyone who plays DayZ even have a good PC and suffer bad framerate, let's not bring more money=win in it please.

Well in that case, everyone around should be alerted that there is a base here, and it's under attack. How exactly do you plan to make this work? An email to every player that said "hey, on this server, around these coordinates. Free loot guys."

Edited by ploulaf

Yes.

What, if i don't have an IPhone?

Sry man, but i live by the rule

"if u dont have an iphone, you dont need one"

I got an old nokia, and it's still working.

Maybe we can craft a Nokia-axe in DayZ?

Stix + Nokia + Rope

• Like 1

Maybe we can craft a Nokia-axe in DayZ?

Stix + Nokia + Rope

You blood thirsty psychopath

Nope.

IIRC some dudes were manning their base in the mod, for some time, 24/7 with their worldwide group. Eventually it got overrun.

I guess it was a great week for everyone involved.

Human comms ( skype, TS, steam, PM, ... ) will give you the alarm you need... as long as you have your buddies there. IF not ? Tough luck.

Make a nomad base when tents and other cool beans are implemented.