Mr Jizz

Taking Cuffs And Burlap A Little Further...

We all hate combat loggers, old story right? Well what about guys you cuff and bag?  

What if being cuffed was a death sentence at log-out? I.E. you log with cuffs on, you wake up on a beach with a flashlight and tshirt..

I've read a post or two about adding 'deterioration' to the cuffs and being able to Hulk the buggers off, but what if it wasn't so simple and they worked, to the point that you have to deal with what comes next..

There needs to be 'incentive' for people who are being restrained to accept their fate and play on. Not all situations involving restraint will end in your death. You might get robbed, stripped, humiliated, fed a rotten banana or two, but who hasn't experimented? Surviving the ordeal will make your story all the more interesting. Similar to the efforts being made to punish you for logging while bleeding or taking fire, something could/should be done to punish someone who logs whilst in irons. I'm imagining a guy with his arms locked behind him and a burlap sack over his head running across a field having just escaped his captors, looking for a savior or a friend...

Which brings me to the next point: In addition to making the cuffs work properly (and semi-permanently), there should be a number of ways to break them.  A hammer and screwdriver, pliers, a well-placed ax swung by a friend or even a bullet should be viable options for removing cuffs (sans key of course). 

The added bonus for the person being cuffed, is that logging is salvation.  You can meet your maker and wind up on a beach if your time is too valuable to spend it with some new surprise-friends.

• Like 1

What if being cuffed was a death sentence at log-out? I.E. you log with cuffs on, you wake up on a beach with a flashlight and tshirt..

This is already a thing.

• Like 1

I thought i read from changelog or elsewhere that disconnecting while cuffed (& bleeding) resets character. 

You sure that it doesn't?

I've seen where it doesn't.. maybe its working now?

This is already a thing.

You got a link? I looked around but may have missed it

Thank you sir!

What about the list of ways to escape? 

Isn't it still impossible to use your own set of keys when you're cuffed? 

I would personally prefer it if this was fixed by the forced delayed log-out time which has been thrown about a bit, then if you have someone restrained and you see they are trying too log-out you can just put them down. Reason being, what if you get disconnected while restrained? Seems a bit unfair that you just lose everything even when whoever was robbing you was only going too take a few things or just trying too make sure you didn't kill them while their back was turned.

Oh, and as for logging being salvation, I don't think we should ever consider logging as a salvation. If you get cuffed you should be forced too go along for the ride happy in the knowledge that one day you might be the one with the keys.

Edited by Survivor_Sabre

I would personally prefer it if this was fixed by the forced delayed log-out time which has been thrown about a bit, then if you have someone restrained and you see they are trying too log-out you can just put them down. Reason being, what if you get disconnected while restrained? Seems a bit unfair that you just lose everything even when whoever was robbing you was only going too take a few things or just trying too make sure you didn't kill them while their back was turned.

Oh, and as for logging being salvation, I don't think we should ever consider logging as a salvation. If you get cuffed you should be forced too go along for the ride happy in the knowledge that one day you might be the one with the keys.

Totally agree

Edited by Mr Jizz