Sign in to follow this  
Otis.Driftwood

Movement Speed

I am curious what does DayZ character makes faster, slower?

I noticed that with jogging shoes i run a lot faster then with military boots, but maybe i'm trippin

I have one question and i hope someone can answer me

Are the slots making character slower or item weight? 

Let's say you have hiking backpack with 35 slots and you have 35 bandages and other example is to have some heavier items, like a lot of double 60/60 clips for M4 rifle in your backpack. 

Did anyone figured it out?

I wondering this myself. I don't THINK it does, but I was kind of hoping that dean was planning on going this direction.

It would be good for balancing out gear types and play styles. A fully geared bandit might not be very fast but he has got power. I scout type with only a pistol for a weapon, and light gear couldn't hold up very well in a fight, but he could escape more easily.

I would say this is a must for immersion and also balancing.

• Like 3

For some reason I sprint faster than any other person I have played with...I have no idea why

I wondering this myself. I don't THINK it does, but I was kind of hoping that dean was planning on going this direction.

It would be good for balancing out gear types and play styles. A fully geared bandit might not be very fast but he has got power. I scout type with only a pistol for a weapon, and light gear couldn't hold up very well in a fight, but he could escape more easily.

Yeah, that would be great

I agree on this. 

Later on i think they are adding a weight and stamina system.

I think that is a given too.

Currently I don't think there iare any mechanics active concerning movement speed in the game currently, other than ground sloping and sprint/fist sprint. Footwear doesn't seem to do anything yet either.

Later on i think they are adding a weight and stamina system.

Dean said he will not add a stamina system, but as far as I know...you run faster after eat, drink and rest well...so when I'm running I stop for a while and then run again, seems to run faster