Sign in to follow this  
RayPall

Another way to be a good guy

Hello gents.

When I entered world of DayZ, I already heard some stories about merciless bandits, killing people on sight, no matter if they are armed with heavy artillery or wielding only ol' rusty machete. And as the time gone by, I was killed countless time while trying to find a gun and let the bandits taste their own medicine. But I quickly understood, that killing people, no matter if bandits or survivors, is not attracting me. I mean - if I feel the urge to shoot virtual people, I can always hop into ArmA 2 multiplayer or to any other MMO shooter. 

Long I pondered about ways how can I add little good into dark world of DayZ. I'm a good guy in general, I'm trying to help, bloodbag and supply any other people I encounter given they don't start shooting at me. But this was not "good" enough for me and it was slow. But I knew I'm quite fond of taxi-driver work - get a vehicle and give lifts to random people only for a good feeling about it. 

And one day, wild idea appeared - what about connecting my hobby of helping people with my hobby of driving? And that day, my new DayZ Medical Transport Inc. company was born. 

How you can became one of members of this proliferating firm?

• find a bus (functional, of course)
  • raid a hospital or otherwise, load the bus with as many bloodbags, bandages and painkillers as you will be able to obtain
  • load the bus with some food and drink
  • ride out and start looking for anyone i need of lift or blood, no matter if bandit or survivor - DayZ Medical Transport workers are 100% neutral.

I know it's kinda dangerous - someone can shoot you out of the bus and immediately steal all the medical stuff. But at least for me, it was nice, it was funny, I had a good feeling about it and you can make a good bunch of friends - some even invited me into their bases and offered me some of their inventory. And since I'm a good guy both IRL and in game, I would never try to steal something or to relay position of said bases to anyone. 

And what's important too - it's cool transporting three or four totally random people by bus and having them talk to each other, not mentioning it somewhat reduces the likelihood, that they will shoot each other soon afterwards (it's much easier to shoot total stranger than to shoot someone, who you talked to before). 

So if you look for alternative to endless gear up-shoot-die-gear up-shoot-die routine, I think I have a way  :)

Edited by RayPall
  • Like 5

Nice-I occasionally offer free heli rides to anyone who needs it, with the emphasis on players who have just been killed so they can either get back to their bodies or somewhere to rekit. It is risky, so now I will stash my gear before I go out so I don't lose some hours work just for variety-because you never know when you will get killed by the guy you are helping or by someone stalking the guy you are trying to help. Oh, and have some beans.

• Like 1