Sign in to follow this  
brey223

Pve v.s PvP

I think they should have servers that are dedicated to PvE so that players that like to help others that end up getting taken out by a horde of zombies (as later in development they stated there would be a lot more zombies) I don't get taken out by some questionable player that just wants to kill others. I know that would track away from the original idea of the game but it's a thought none the less.

Ah... I guess it could be a pretty good idea. But they better change the name on the server so we know it's pve. I don't want to hop in a server and try to kill someone but can't.

I hope something similar never comes to the game, but I know many would like to have this.

Obviously a similar server must be on a separate hive (private or not does not matter)...but I really can't get the fun of not having "fear", in a game like DayZ :)

• Like 1

That won't happen dayz sa. One of the few server hosting rules is: "Your server must NOT have a NO KILL policy" if you try to have a pve server it will result in a suspension of your server.

Edited by GC_Stealth

oh but DayZ IS PvE for me.

from my point of view, the hostile players are part of the environment - they are like zombies, just with working AI, and ability to use ranged attacks.

dun nerf dem, pl0x.

• Like 3

You mean My Little Pony: The Game?

OGqSx6K.png

full disclosure: author has been pwnd by bronies repeatedly in competitve FPS games.

• Like 1

ZING!

Forced PvE only is a daft concept given the nature of the game. If anything, the balance of gameplay will be swung back towards being more PvE once the zombies have been fixed (i.e. A lot of proper shit-scary, infectious bastards). Once they're fixed, thoughtlessly gunning someone down will probably result in several dozen pissed and hungry zombies making a beeline for the area. Only a fool would do such a thing without thinking. It won't eliminate PvP and never will, but I imagine it would certainly redress the balance a little.

There are plenty of multi player games with PVE in a zombie apocalypse scenario where you gather resources ( read guns and healthy stuff ) and the team has to survive through. Why choose DayZ SA specifically for this ? I'm curious.

DayZ is a game about "the player versus the world" at its very basic. If that is not PvE I have no idea what multiplayer open world means to you.

• Like 1

If it is on private hives, I don't care. 

But I guess, nobody would play there at all.