Sign in to follow this  
Kinami37

Not playable(FPS)

Hello,

i bought today Arma 2 CO and wanted to start DayZ but i cant.

my computer specs:

ATI HD 5850

X4 965 4x3,7 (oc)

8GB RAM

I cant play on low -normal.. i i look up its ok yeah but if i look into a city or sth its not possible.. i tried ramdisk to, but it just mae me have only 20fps.. withouth ramdisk i have lower then 28...

im trying now to update my graphic card driver ... but thats the last thing i can imagine to .. or i will stuck on low fps and wastet my money....

( playing Battlefield 3 on ultra ist not a problem)

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

STEAM

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

Newest ( via Steam start option

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca;-nosplash -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7;ca )

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

Steam / Six launcher

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

Very damn low fps ( Battlefield 3 on Ultra , works fine 50fps .. arma 2 on ALL LOW in woods 40fps in citis 15-30 with luck )

*Your PC specs:

HD 5850

X4 965 4x 3,7ghz

8 GB RAM

*Your Operating System:

Win 7

*Have you looked at these threads?:

Yes

Edited by Kinami37
  • Like 1

I never had framerate issues up until this newest string of 1.7.1.x updates. Normally when I play I still get 30+ FPS, but when it starts raining the number goes down to 20 or so. Sometimes when I'm in Cherno/Elektro, I'll literally get 1 FPS and the game is unplayable. I've also been getting straight up lag in servers (some more than others) which is also new to the 1.7.1.x string of updates. IDK what to say because I haven't found a fix, all I can say is I don't think it's on our end and hopefully a future update (fingers crossed for 1.7.2) will fix the issues.

• Like 1

Turn off Bloom for one, set the video memory to default, and make sure that the 3d resolution is the same as your monitor resolution. Fiddle with the other graphics settings, like view distance, details and the filters. If that does nothing to improve your fps in any way then im assuming your video card is badly supported for Arma.

Tops, im playing on low and if i play arma 2 vanilla it was a little bit better.. but still not the fps i wish!

So still no idea? ... thats really sad to have a good pc and want to play dayz.. i got it know on low to play with 30 fps... and much less in citys

Battlefeid 3 is a demanding game in general, but on ultra you would need a super coputer,i couldent see any reason you are running such low FPS, try opening your task manager and setting its permissions to high so the RAM will concentrate on it more, and also close out some programs running behind your computer, skype seems to be the most common one.

closed everything , tried to set on high, everthing ... dosnt work ... still low fps.

Hm. that is realy depressing

No one has any idea ? :/

Arma 2 is really bad programmed...

My Specs :

HD 5850

X4 965 4x3,7ghz

8gb RAM

And in the citie i have with luck 30fps and after 30m to 1h the fps drops to 15fps and i need to restart and then i have 30fps again.. but

EVERYTHING ON ULTRA LOW its not getting any lower with the settings.... please fix this... lost 25€ for a laggy game ( but dayz is really awesome)

• Like 1

push....

new hardware

graphic : ATI HD 7950 (tested it withouth overclocking and with overclocking)

Still shitty fps.... i mean i have a very good computer and can play everything on maximum ... any tweaks or fixes?

tried everything .. scene complex 100000 settings tweaked.. just post your tweaks here please

• Like 1

im the worst everywhere i go i have 1fps it wont ever go higher. i can barely walk. Im really annoyed

• Like 1

It's obvious you have some lagging issues that are not due to your hardware. I'm not an expert. But I found disabling post processing and ensuring screen res and 3d are the same makes a huge difference. My specs are q6600 @ 3.2. 4GB RAM. HD Radeon 6870 OC. I get 60-120 FPS out of town and 25-45 FPS in the towns. I still struggle with some servers giving me very low FPS for no apparent reason.

• Like 1

I'm on a Pentium 2.6 Ghz and I'm getting 15-22 FPS after doing video optimizations and the Scene setting to 100000

I'm on a Pentium 2.6 Ghz and I'm getting 15-22 FPS after doing video optimizations and the Scene setting to 100000

You do realize this thread was created in June of last year?

You do realize this thread was created in June of last year?

I was reading the comments and i was like wtf this thread is like 2012 LMAO..