Sign in to follow this  
-MadTommy

Hardcore mode suggestions. let it live upto its name. :)

Clearly there is a very diverse player base, with very diverse visions on Dayz.

Now we have a clear separation of 'normal' & 'hardcore', it is possible to cater for different sets of people.

I've heard Rocket say his vision is along the lines of the film The Road & or Mad Max.

What i would like to see in 'hardcore' more is:

• Very scarce ammo; finding a single 12 gauge shell should be an achievement
  • Limited weapons; 95% of weapons should be malee.
  • Very scarce military grade equipment;  As scarce as hen´s teeth.
  • No high end military equipment IR scopes, NVG or crap like that.
  • Very dangerous zombies; should be the major threat in game.
  • Requirement to really think, plan, be careful & work together in order to simply survive, let alone prosper.
  • All camps or stashes removed when player dies, death means start again, period.
  • Lots of crafting and improvised weapons and tools.

Basically i want a bitch of a survival game in 'hardcore mode', where the environment is the threat and other players are just part of the danger, not the only danger.

Normal mode can be its usual run of the mill shooter where everyone has decent rifle within an hour of looting for all I care, but please use hardcore mode to give us a challenging PvE game.

I have faith it will be so!

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 2

This is what 'Hardcore' needs to be. Not simply a change of camera angle :)

Yep.  I too want a bitch of a game that tries to kill me at every moment. Disease, hunger, thirst, cold, bandits and of course zeds.

As Rocket said, To understand Hardcore, one must be Hardcore.

• Like 1

And then people start to whine that You need to put battery in flash light or that thirsty shows after 10 secs. Its fun when game is harder but stuff like having lock boxes or camps that disappear when You die is just stupid. What would be point of making them then? :)

Limited weapons? You guys probably dont think about stuff that gonna show up in future. Right now its easy to get weapon and ammo coz they are limited. What i mean is that when there will be 50 more weapons and alot of new ammo it wont be so easy to find stuff that match each other. Not even talking about best in slots like some M4. Also getting such in good condition because i can bet that later on Weapons that You will find will be always pristine like it is now.

Zombies. They already said they will be main pain in the ass. Now they are broken and they will be for some time. Its alpha.

No high end military = less end game or how to name that. Basically stuff that You look for and its Your precious.

Most of people cant live more then straight day. Game is hard now since is almost death match and its not even close to release or beta stage. Just wait for it guys.

EDIT. Other thing is that people wants to play so hardcore game and most of them join 24/7 day servers.

Edited by Gaweu

Everytime I hear someone call this game hard... I go and kill off my character in a hardcore server. Find a server with at least 25 people in it and go and get back to where I was in about three hours tops (where I was with a hunting backpack, Mosin, and a Magnum).

• Like 1

Its fun when game is harder but stuff like having lock boxes or camps that disappear when You die is just stupid. What would be point of making them then? :)

What is the point of being killed if you have them? Just so you have to run back to them?

The point is you could store kit you can't carry. Will they be less useful than we saw in the mod? Yes, but that is the point. Tents killed the mod for me. It took away the whole point of death.

Limited weapons? You guys probably dont think about stuff that gonna show up in future. Right now its easy to get weapon and ammo coz they are limited. What i mean is that when there will be 50 more weapons and alot of new ammo it wont be so easy to find stuff that match each other. Not even talking about best in slots like some M4. Also getting such in good condition because i can bet that later on Weapons that You will find will be always pristine like it is now.

You are totally missing the point if you think the problem is solved by having 50 more weapons. The point is usable firearms should be rare, very rare.

Zombies. They already said they will be main pain in the ass. Now they are broken and they will be for some time. Its alpha.

I'm aware of that. This is a suggestion section. I'm not complaining about the zombies now, just requesting they are extremely dangerous in the end.

No high end military = less end game or how to name that. Basically stuff that You look for and its Your precious.

I don't agree at all. If the best weapon was a side by side 12 gauge and shells were very rare that would be the precious gun, not some DMR with 1000yrd scope. There are lots of potential 'end games' that have nothing to do with weapons. As i said if you just want another PvP shooter Dayz hardcore hopefully will not be for you. Dayz has the potential to be something different.

..its not even close to release or beta stage. Just wait for it guys.

You do realise this is a suggestion forum.. these are suggestions for the future not complaints about the game now. The only difference between hardcore and normal is the view setting.

If you think the game is hard now.. well you wont like the game i hope Dayz becomes. Normal mode can stay with loot everywhere and lots of weapons to shoot zeds and each other, but i hope hardcore will become something else entirely.

Edited by MadTommy