Sign in to follow this  
UnitedStatesOfAmerica

DayZ Combat Loggers (Caught) - Discussion On Combat Logging

Hello, fine gentlemen (and ladies) of DayZ. So far the biggest issue i've had with DayZ Standalone seems to be the persistent combat logging. The quickness of which "Combat Logging" can be achieved is astonishing. I've seen combat loggers leave within 1-2 seconds of making contact with another survivor. Its quite interesting. Here I have a video of which we were dealing with a Mosin sniper on Balota airfield, who seems to have combat logging down to an art. It seems I can only get a few shots off with this inaccurate M4 before they have already logged. Believe me, I know its alpha. Im not here to complain, I am just here to show some interesting footage of this happening. Anyways, heres the footage. There have already been some great ideas to stop combat logging. I hope they are implemented effectively!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR7HLT6OvfA

What are your thoughts?

dude, I litterally just made a rant post about this because I feel your pain... what a bunch of sissys.  I survived a hit froma mosin, went to go "negotiate" (if you will, with a M4) and the bastard quit on me. How lame. lol

• Like 1

dude, I litterally just made a rant post about this because I feel your pain... what a bunch of sissys.  I survived a hit froma mosin, went to go "negotiate" (if you will, with a M4) and the bastard quit on me. How lame. lol

Yep, it is all to rampant currently. :/

I don't understand these guys, they clearly have some maturity issues.

If someone kills you, they kill you, fair and square. You get over it and move on, you learn from it and you become a better player.

There's been plenty of times i've spent 6 hours gearing up with all the best stuff, then i get a bullshit death, it's part of DayZ.

• Like 3

This and server hopping are game breakers atm

• Like 3

But yz should iz lose all mez epicz lootz becase if i do i wont b ablez to shot frezhspanz hoz are runinz away from mez. I spent 5 min serverz hopin to getz this. Itz not far 4 mez to di.

-Average Logger's response.

This and server hopping are game breakers atm

Meant to quote you but I gave you beans. So have some beans!

Also, don't forget ghosting. Ghosting is getting to be far too prevalent, and while it hasn't happened to me, it's annoying to watch it happen in streams and youtube vids.

The solution will have to be a log out timer of some sort, but it's going to need to be longer than 15 seconds. If you're playing at all smart, it'll take longer than that to flank or approach the position of the suspected combat logger. The timer should be more like 5 minutes, to allow for a safe and careful approach of the targets last known position. Admittedly, 5 minutes is quite long, and so should perhaps be accompanied by a safe logout method of some sort, the campfire/sleeping bag type thing that's often suggested. And if you log out in a building, you should be randomly teleported 300-2500 meters upon logging back in.

Whats Ghosting ?

Probably showing my age here :)

Edited by BL1P

Whats Ghosting ?

Probably showing my age here :)

Ghosting is logging out, changing servers then moving to flank or to gain a better position and then logging back in.

• Like 1

I only combat log in 2 situations

1)If someone is clearly KoSing and are a bad shot and I have no weapon.

2)If someone is stupid enough to say "Just kill him" when they are holding you captive.

Honestly I think the combat loggin is fine for the most part. I also think it isn't that big of a deal. Sure it is annoying from time to time when some bandits abuse it but it does more good then harm most of the time. I recommend new players all the time to switch servers if someone is obviously not friendly and telling you to lay down or what ever. I know I will get hate for this comment but it is my opinion and I'm still a player like everyone else.

Also - Easy way to leave the gae if the make a countdown is task manager, end process. For them to do it your character would remain alive for 10-20 seconds after disconnecting. However this would be a problem if you happened to aggo a zombie right when you logged out and didn't know or someone found you when you were logging out.

Edited by SirStriped

It happened multiple times to me...

Also, I once met a server hopper when I was looting NW airport, a hopper logged in my back, I was so feared that I immediately shot him...

Ghosters are also lame, but if you pay attention, they 'll not be able to flank you that easy...

Hopefully, there still have some "RP" survivors either bandits or good guys, not abusing those and even saying the "GG" if you get them down "fairly".

I recently met another survivor and we had a nice trip together.

Edited by Vekaras

Here's some redemption I gained over some combat loggers... things just fell into place perfectly. 

But it felt good.... real good. Hopefully some of you who know the feeling can get some satisfaction from it as well.