Sign in to follow this  
Nionor

Interaction with zombies (trap/capture/lure)

I think more ways to interact with Zombies are needed. As we all know atm they are just a small hindrance but that has Dean already said that it will change but what about more ways to dispose of them.

Some things I think could lead to interesting scenarios are if we could trap them in different ways.

The most basic way might be just to fix them not walking through walls so we could lock them in a house, that could make a nice trap for the next survivor. ;)

But what about tying them with a rope to a pole or other object (player  :o)? This would of course be hard if you have alerted them, so maybe we could have some way to distract them. With the new physics engine maybe we could throw rotten flesh or something.

• Like 3

Yes exactly, things that we can do to other players should also be available to zombies.

Handcuffs+force feeding a shoe=passive zombie :P

• Like 1

Use the rope that's already in game to sneak up and tie up their ankles, or as said above just sneak up and handcuff them. Would definitely be entertaining. I hope they set up zombies to reenact past events, like have a zombie beating on a closed door making it seem like a survivor had holed up in there. 'Course you could just have the zombie do that after you dart into a house and close the door. Would love to reenact scenes from old movies, all held up in a small house with dozens of zombies slowly surrounding it and beating in the door.

You need someway to immobilize them first.... bear trap? Too bad we won't be able craft a sled with a team of zombies to pull it, and a bambi as the carrot to make 'em pull straight! I think I'll have to save that idea for the "real" zombie apocalypse when it happens.... ;)

An idea: A zombie that is handcuffed or has its hands tied with a rope behind its back won't be able to hit you. Now just put a burlap sack over its head (so it won't bite) and attach an improvised explosive to its back/head with duct tape. The zombie behaves as usual and chases players. You keep your aim at the explosive and shoot it at the right moment. New fun game to play in DayZ.

Edit: Maybe not a burlap sack over the head so it can see other survivors. A few layers of duct tape over the mouth might do the trick. Also it would be fun to watch if another unsuspecting survivor shoots the zombie and thus detonates the explosive.

Edited by TheKindred

An idea: A zombie that is handcuffed or has its hands tied with a rope behind its back won't be able to hit you. Now just put a burlap sack over its head (so it won't bite) and attach an improvised explosive to its back/head with duct tape. The zombie behaves as usual and chases players. You keep your aim at the explosive and shoot it at the right moment. New fun game to play in DayZ.

Edit: Maybe not a burlap sack over the head so it can see other survivors. A few layers of duct tape over the mouth might do the trick. Also it would be fun to watch if another unsuspecting survivor shoots the zombie and thus detonates the explosive.

I think it would be fine to cover their head, usually eyesight isn't the most important part for a zombie to find it's prey what I've seen (movies/series) at least.