Pipinhot

[Splint] Second option to fix your broken leg.

-

- Splint (Combination of Wood Pile + Bandage)

- Allows, crouch walking at slightly higher than normal speed. (Like A Hobble run) NOT running. Heals over time.

-

- Broken Leg should occur less. (Patched)

-

- NO STARS!! Comment, support, Do Stuff.

- WOOT Nice new Forum, Hit that like button ->>>>

Edited by Pipinhot
  • Like 2

Would be a good idea if you have a hatchet you can go to the woods and make a splint.

good idea...

but, doing it while having a broken leg wouldnt make sense.

serriously, go outside a chop down a tree while in the prone position..

good idea...

but' date=' doing it while having a broken leg wouldnt make sense.

serriously, go outside a chop down a tree while in the prone position..

[/quote']

True, But currently you can stand up with a broken leg, you just can't walk on it. (May get patched out??)

If you already had some wood in your pack then i find it okay to construct a splint while disabled.

I agree with this!

It would also slow your running speed for obvious reasons but it would allow your leg to heal over time. So this could work for players who have no morphine. So it would be a timed heal rather then instant.

This way if you crawl to a barn and find the abundance of wood they have yo can make a splint.

Ya, I deff think a splint should be in the works. There could also be other medical problems that could be solved by things like herbs etc. Sleep would also be an interesting option, sleep for 5 hours (takes 5 minutes) or something and that'd make your walking speed increase (and blood increase while u sleep). There needs to be more real world examples of things added to the time like splints. Hell even an amputation would be an interesting idea if you got your arm bit or something.

No healing over time, but it could be pretty simple:

Crawl to tree, right click hatchet, "Gather Wood".

Go to wood in inventory, right click for extra option "Create Splint" which also requires two inventory spaces (like wood).

Right click Splint, choose "Splint Broken Bone".

You still have the broken bone status effect, but you are now allowed to WALK WHILE CROUCHED. No running, no standing, and you still need morphine to set your leg.

If we are trying to push realism, then morphine really should only be a temporary fix for maybe half an hour, maybe an hour max.

But a splint could offer a more permanent fix, realistically it should slow you down, but you should be able to walk or crouch run.

IMO keep it simple but effective, Get Splint, apply, run around for an hour, (unable to stand up) Then your good.

Agreed, splint is a fantastic idea. While splinted, time should heal the bone and crouch walking only is a great idea as well. If you were to use morphine, it would heal it on the spot, this could get you to a hospital to get the supplies you need to fix yourself.

Follow Zeromentor's directions and it will be perfect.

Great job!

The best solution is to remove broken legs until its fixed. Right now your legs brake way too often. And having broken legs after one zombie hit is ultra idiotic.

Crawl to tree' date=' right click hatchet, "Gather Wood".

Go to wood in inventory, right click for extra option "Create Splint" which also requires two inventory spaces (like wood).

Right click Splint, choose "Splint Broken Bone".

You still have the broken bone status effect, but you are now allowed to WALK WHILE CROUCHED. No running, no standing, and you still need morphine to set your leg.[/quote']

+1 for this, i hope this does get introduced which im sure it will coz its a fucking good idea

what i dont understand what rocket has not done is when you break your leg you shout "Arrgh" and thats it :/ a tad unrealistic, so why not add the sound effect of the crying sounds coming from player too, im sure if you broke your leg you would be saying more that just "Arrgh", you would be in fucking agony, hense morphine..

i also think that the morphine should have some side effects introduced, ie effects of extreme dehydration, running nose/coughing, muscle twitches (shakes), cold flashes, increase in frequency of breathing and yawning sounds coming from player.. all these as side effects from taking it, unsure on how long these side effects should last for, an hour maybe? also if you take antibiotics this should cure all of the above.

only 2-3 morphine max per day or overdose!

you guys want realism, well guess what, yes you can actually overdose when taking too much morphine IRL so have it so it makes you pass out for a very long time if you take more than 3. (IRL it would probably kill you instantly)

just ideas..

IRL you cant cure broken legs with morphine. I would remove "broken leg" nonsense whats so ever.

@Roboserg

well, i would remove your post because it dont contribute anything to the thread other than you sound like a carebare that dies from broken bones often and want to make the game EASY :)

and yes, btw its a game. not real life.

I was just talking to my survival buddies about this yesterday. We think it's a great idea.

I never understood why morphine fixes a broken leg anyway. Applying a splint should make you able to walk/run move again at a reduced pace, and morphine should restore you to a normal pace while it heals. Healing time could be like 1-2 hours. I'd be fine with moving slower for a while, though leg breaks should also be less common in the first place.

great idea! 5/5

but I think all this leg break thing should be edited and make it not so often...

Its just getting as same as the "arrow in the knee" joke...

every time all the time

Love this idea but can we please remember that "Broken bone" is just a status ailment that can be easily changed with one little adjustment. So don't get stuck in the idea that it's a broken leg, plus remember this is just a game I mean there are hundreds of instances where there is little to no realism.

Although I can't agree more with Broken bones being far less frequent, as twice I've had to spend 2+ hours crawling to a hospital just to get some morphine...

A splint would make more sense then morphie morphine is a pain suppresor it doesn't heal bones....a morphine should be used to stop major pain only a splint should be needed to heal the break over time ....also medicaly speaking you never use morphine on someone in shock or who is bleeding perfusely it will cause the blood pressure to drop, and most pain meds are blood thinners so they arn't used if someone is bleeding out....maybe a more medically apropritae approach to the medicine in game would be appropriate...

HI!!!!

- Splint (Combination of Wood Pile + Bandage) [second solution to broken leg]

Love this idea.

Like most of the best idea's......this is a simple and obvious solution.

Well done on suggesting this as it is far more sensible than just popping morphine etc.

A zombie breaking your leg in a couple hits is more realistic than fixing a broken leg with morphine instantly.

It's a game mechanic, I don't think we need to turn the morphine into a splint, as it would make fixing a broken limb even more easy than it already is.

For the people crying about having a broken leg and having to crawl to a hospital, morphine is an important thing to have on you at all times in this game. Do you guys also wait until you are bleeding to get bandages? Or wait until zombies are chasing you before you find a weapon? Point being, your lack of preparation is no basis for making broken limbs easier to fix.

Do you guys also wait until you are bleeding to get bandages? Or wait until zombies are chasing you before you find a weapon? Point being' date=' your lack of preparation is no basis for making broken limbs easier to fix.

[/quote']

Bandages have a fairly regular spawn rate in a variety of places, from residential to the obvious medical. Weapons also have a fairly regular spawn rate (seeing as there are 45 different weapons, capable of spawning in nearly any building in the game). Point being, morphine has either a spawn rate of 21.74% in all medical loot piles (which are only located in medical tents and hospitals) or a 0.99% in a military loot pile.

In short, your comparison here is pretty silly.

Thanks for the feedback i updated the post with the most liked parts of this idea, hope rocket sees it :)