Sign in to follow this  
dayy

Which is better?

Ok, first of all, don't any of you lie, cuz i've done some research, and I just want to check to make sure i'm right... I'm, trying to figure out which is a better weapon... Baseball bat, wrench, fire extinguisher, or shovel...

Imagine this scenario, you are confronted by a bambi bearing a kitchen knife, he has made it clear, that neither of you are leaving, till the other is dead...Which of the above weapons do you pick to fight with?

I have found the shovel to be utterly useless and unless it's fixed - disregard it completely. Same goes for the extinguisher.

I did find, however, that the wrench is working perfectly. Someone smacked me in the face while I was midsprint and it instantly killed me. So I'd reckon it's pretty effective.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

I find the extinguisher quite useful in the knockdown especially coming out of a sprint. But from all of them a pristine baseball bat. Failing that... the rest will have to suffice.

From my experience any weapon including fists are all effective used properly. The best way to use the poorer weapons is in first person aiming directly at the head. Also I dont count knives/screwdrivers as weapons they to me are just can openers. And if im confronted by an armed assailant with anything other than an axe to hand I always 1st person fist to the head, just preference but iv survived more encouters and won more lootwith a few right hooks rather than the aaforementioned bats and shovels

Interesting, I guess I'll just keep my bat, and have my friend grab a wrench.

I have tried battling with fists, fire extinguisher, wrench and crowbar... basically wrench is a bit better, while the other two are like fists (barely). In short, in an open fight, you will bleed.

I have tried battling with fists, fire extinguisher, wrench and crowbar... basically wrench is a bit better, while the other two are like fists (barely). In short, in an open fight, you will bleed.

I agree about the crowbar. I was happy as hell when I found on and went to try it out on the next Zed.

WTF...the range felt shorter than even the fists - I had do basically kiss that damn Undead before my whacks touched it...and then it did as much as hitting it with fists:

Crack it over his had...he falls....and gets up again...and again...and again. Meh.

So, in short: Crowbar = useless at the moment.

The baseball bat would probably be my option out of those 4 because I've had better luck knocking zeds down with it. The wrench could be useful as others are saying but don't bother picking up a crowbar or shovel since their pretty much useless in any combat situation. I've regrettably put faith into the shovel in previous encounters against others thinking it would do the job and lost to people running around using fists ( they knocked me unconscious within 30 seconds) 

M4, silenced and a fire axe.

Rather off-topic answer. Next time please read the OP before answering.

Based on my own personal observations it is baseball bat, wrench, fire extinguisher and shovel. Although there was one game where I seemed to be able to kill zombies in 2 hits with the fire extinguisher. I haven't been able to reproduce that, though (and it is a couple of patches ago). I don't know if the baseball bat has any more damage capability than the wrench, it takes a massive amount of hits to kill zombies with both weapons, but it seems to have a better range than any of the other weapons mentioned.

As of recently, I killed a player, whom was being quite racist, using my baseball bat. After about 7 hits, he fell unconscious, almost immediately starting to get up, so, I beat the crap out of him...Thanks to all of you, It narrows down to the wrench and bat, that is, till i find some axes...

I always seem to find axes and just prefer them overall.  Bat would be my first choice for blunt weapon..  Next would be toss up between Crowbar & Wrench..   Extinguisher always bugs out for me... I get 1 swing & then it i cannot use it, I have to put it back on my back then re-place it in my hands to swing again...   I rather run from zeds & bandits than trying to use it.

I am hoping they balance these items out to be around the same overall but with different attributes.

For example.
Bat would hit softer but swing more often per minute.
Crowbar slightly harder but not as fast per Minute.
Wrench hard hitting but very slow swings per Minute.
Extinguisher i have no idea.  I guess middle of the road.
Fists should be very fast but very weak.

In my experience I've found the pipe wrench to be pretty decent for killing zombies, but I don't think I've killed any humans with anything besides the various guns and two different axes.

Well my friends, it seems this topic is now doomed to close, i found three hatchets, so, my friend and i are fully capable of defending ourselves, except my friend SUCKS at zombie combat...