Sign in to follow this  
FoOKaa

Difficulty Setting discussion

Hi,

Before the trolls appear I have searched with no luck so up yours :D

So yeah was wondering if anyone knows if the difficulty settings actually do anything right now ?

Also will they in the future work ?

I did not play the mod but am fooking loving this game so much. I did find this on the net http://guides.gamepressure.com/dayz/guide.asp?ID=15601

Is that what the standalone will be like eventually ?

IMO its kool the way it is with no markers but when your walking with 10 team m8s playing some PVP it gets bloody confusing to the point it really spoils it....

Also IMO i think that just having a way to mark team m8s would be all that is needed. Just a simple marker on their head that only team m8s can see for example...

Does anyone know any information on this ?

I think hardmode is just no third person.

Thats what it was like in the mod,that being said things might be planed that I dont know about because its only in alpha rocket might have things planned that we (or at least I) dont know

Do you mean 3P no 3P, hardcore no hardcore, or VETERAN status? VETERAN (traditionally in ArmA) means your map does not show the location of any people, vehicles, or objects, you cannot place waypoints, and there are no crosshairs.

Do you mean 3P no 3P, hardcore no hardcore, or VETERAN status? VETERAN (traditionally in ArmA) means your map does not show the location of any people, vehicles, or objects, you cannot place waypoints, and there are no crosshairs.

I dont mean the 3pp or 1st setting, there's a separate setting for the server difficulty with options Recruit, Regular, Expert and Veteran...

I was assuming it will maybe end up being like this which is from the mod i believe

• Recruit: highlight enemies [yes, also through walls], nametags [yes], player position on map [yes], third person perspective [yes], cross-hair [yes]
  • Regular: highlight enemies [only peripheral vision], nametags [yes], player position on map [no], third person perspective [yes], cross-hair [yes]
  • Veteran: highlight enemies [no], nametags [no], player position on map [no], third person perspective [yes], cross-hair [no]
  • Expert: highlight enemies [no], nametags [no], player position on map [no], third person perspective [no], cross-hair [no]

Im not actually sure if that even means there would be a way to mark your team m8s so you know who is who when in PVP...

That is what I would like to see in game, a way to mark your team m8s so you dont shoot each other lol :D

-snip-

I'm guessing you've only played the SA, and not real ArmA.

Im not actually sure if that even means there would be a way to mark your team m8s so you know who is who when in PVP...

That is what I would like to see in game, a way to mark your team m8s so you dont shoot each other lol :D

No. If you want to mark your team, you can all wear pink hats or something already provided in the game. There are no "magic markers" irl, there should be none in the game.

No. If you want to mark your team, you can all wear pink hats or something already provided in the game. There are no "magic markers" irl, there should be none in the game.

Yeah I hear ya man, the realism is what makes this game for sure but it is still a game...

I guess it does add a different dimension to PVP that means you have to be very organsied ect, we tried no pants, same hats and it works for a while but ppl cotton on to what ya doing or some random wears the same hat and your all toast...

Yeah i never played Arma or the mod...

I dont see the harm still in team m8 markers...