Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Phil

I am legitimately scared every time I log in

My wife makes fun of me because I legitimately get the adrenaline shakes sometimes.  When I log in, I get this sinking in my stomach and my hands get all clammy...

She ridicules me endlessly for it.

• Like 2

WOW !!!!

And here I thought I was the only freak who was so anxious, nervous and scared while playing this game................. I get teased at home too.

I heard my daughter break out laughing the other day when she overheard me ask a new spawn "Would you Like Some Beans ??"

:lol:

• Like 2

Lmao all the responses to him combat logging are pure gold.  Lol  Really though that's some the biggest bitch move in this game.  OMG I GOT SCARED *logs out*.... -_- lol funny replies though.

same here, still new to the game.

love the adrenalin though, playing in the middle of nowhere on a night server 4/40 populated is very exciting,  u can't see & hear shit, well.. except the whispering of the woods... and all of a sudden someone scares the soul out of ya standing behind you and using voice over ip, i love it.

• Like 1

I've only been playing for 4 days and I think that is what hooked me in.  The first night I had just barely figured out how to get my flashlight to work and then I saw someone ELSE's flashlight moving across the street.  I panicked and turned mine out and I don't think I've ever turned it on again!  haha  I could actually feel the panic.

Also Everytime a zombie attacks me I flail around aimlessly, not able to get the right combo of buttons together to equip my weapon, stand up and raise my hands let alone hit. And the first time someone came up to me I didn't realize there was coms in the game and the person said something to me and I nearly knocked over my desk just BEFORE they hit me with something and knocked me unconscious.  I've been looking for beans ever since :P

Was screaming like a bitch being chased by zombies tonight. Even more so when you find a place to hide and the thing just walks through the wall...must remember NOT to shut doors after me.

• Like 1

FYI: im a verteran to this game and at night time when i hear things my hair stands straight up.  Thats exactly what the developers want, you would be freaked out if you played nomalisk on the mod where random childrens laughter would just come out of no where hahahahahaha...

hope you got over this and were able to log into other servers!! 

I ended up being surrounded by a group of people at NEAF. I couldn't see them, but I believed them when they said there were many. My heart was racing: they had killed my entrie group, and I just stood there frozen.

They gave me 1 minute to lay down my weapon, or else "lethal force would be taken"; I froze. 30 seconds, still unmoved. I was just about out of time when I decided "screw it", said a quick "FU", drew my gun, and ran around the corner.

Of course I died instantly, and I was upset about losing my week-old character, but I was glad I didn't surrender.

Definitely got the blood moving! :s

Edited by sacrdandprofne

I never do this when playing with a friend...

but 90% when I play solo this game just scares the shit out of me.

Every time I have to loot a building for food or water, I get a pit in my stomach, thinking about what could be following me in 2 inches behind me.

(Or running through the wall, lol)

I only have 70 hours under my belt, and I find the possibility of human interaction in this game horrifying.

90% of the people I have met I should have shot on sight, the other 10% were a lot of fun to play with.

Personally, I find both kinds of encounters are awesome, but for very different reasons.

Also, climbable trees, pleeeeeeez!

I´m still rather new to the game but not new to the idea of open world-PVP for what that´s worth. 

I´m not exactly scared when I log in but rather VERY VERY worried and nervous. And yeah, I too get the adrenalin shakes, depending on the encounter. My very first encounter once I was geared up was terrifying, which is made worse by the fact that I don´t KOS without a very good reason, so I stand there TRYING not to go trigger happy to just remove the situation alltogehter... :lol:

Funny thing is, I´m usually on TS with friends when I play, not all of them are playing DayZ with me so there´s talking and laughing and all the good stuff. But when I play DayZ, I noticed I sometimes want to just mute everyone, thinking "shut up shut up shut up, I CAN´T HEAR IF THERES SOMEONE IN THAT HOUSE!!!"  :D

Guess that´s what the game does to you...I know no other game that can make me feel tense like that...maybe and JUST maybe in the Vanilla days of World of Warcraft when open PVP was everywhere and you were just on edge all the time...

The other day a friend and I were at the giant antenna (forgot the name), happy that no one else was around. We scouted, we moved in, we lootet. 

Sat around for a while, when suddenly *k-tsch* SOMEONE opens a can of soda and it was neither of us