Tieblaze

Inventory problems

Hey there.. Just started playing DayZ.. But can't seem to use items in inventory.

When i right click.. let's say.. bandages (Yes, I was bleeding), a menu appears for 0.01 seconds then vanishes again. Not being able to bandage kinda ruins the game.. as one single hit is lethal.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Isn't happening to me. Go to the Bug Reports section, create a new thread and use the template from the stickied thread.

I'ma do that then... I was hoping there was some quick solution to this proplem

This is happening to me too. I'm trying to figure out how to use or equip anything and finally realized it's because there is a menu I'm supposed to use, but it flashes in and out of existence before I can select an option.

Also, when I join a game there's supposed to be some white text telling me my location. I hear the sound of it being displayed but I do not see the text.

Are you trying to use a bandage from your backpack? If so this might be your issue, I have not run into this problem while using them from the belt.

No idea what the difference between using bandage from the belt or backpack is.. Started with the game 10 min before i posted this

I just got 2 error messages when booting up Arma2..

"Picture ca\ui\data\logo_arma2pmc_ca.paa not found"

and

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfoSoldier/Background.type'"

Also getting an error on the "gender selection" screen when i join a server

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.'."

Any of you been shift-tabbing while on Steam? If you have then shift-tab a few more times till it stops "flashing". (If you press escape you'll see that the game is flashing through all the options on the menu)

I've heard about some people having the same problem without Steam, but me and my friends have only been able to replicate it by shift-tabbing while on Steam. The game doesn't seem to like the program.

After some more testing, I'm sure it has to do with how you run the game, launch options, at least for me. I can see and use the menus fine when I run the game with Six Launcher.

The problem is that tab is still being pressed when you close steam ingame so you have to tap it to get it to stop acting like it's being pressed.

To this end the exact same thing happens with shift.

Now i can't get past loading screen.. ffs

So many problems <.<

Hitting tab did not help.. =/

Two error messages when booting up Arma2

"Picture ca\ui\data\logo_arma2pmc_ca.paa not found"

and

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfoSoldier/Background.type'"

No location data comes up when spawning, but can hear the text being typed.

Also inventory tabs when right clicking (Bandages for example) are disappearing and seem to be behind the inventory UI.

Had a mate with this issue, he basically reinstalled the whole thing to get it to work...

Most people that have the bandage menu issue also cant see their location at the bottom right when spawning.

My mate fixed it by reinstalling arma2 and OA(verifying helped also btw) and then setting up the beta command launcher correctly(he used sixu to update DAYZ but used the site to update the beta patch and the command launcher)

And now his game works fine and the bastard is showing me up for finding a cz550 in the first barn he ran into