Sign in to follow this  
MyPassword is Chickens20

What happened? Hack/Glitch?!

So I spawned in at the Jail in Balota Airstrip. There was a few guys outside who I kept my eye on from the inside, Waiting for them to leave so I could bolt and leave the area. (Bad spawn in I know)

About 5 minutes later after hearing them firing at each other, I could hear a guy walking around the building I was in. Note that theres only one way in and thats from the front door which I was guarding heavily. Suddenly, a guy came running through the wall, Yes, wall! behind me and I shot him twice with the double barrel shotgun and didnt miss! BLOOD CAME FROM HIM and I heard him drop. Immediately his body just vanished. I thought it was a glitch and thought nothing of it.

About 1 minute later as I was walking up the stairs, to make sure nobody was left outside and the exact same guy re-appeared ALIVE and shot me with his Mosin as I was walking up the stairs.

Theres noway he could have battle logged, he was dead! I literally shot him twice in the face with a shotgun at point blank range and heard him fall! To battlelog he'd need to be conscious. 

I'm 99% sure this was a hacker! Anybody had any similar experiences? 

I raged so hard when that happened! My exact words were "What the f?ck?!?!?!" haha.

No way to tell really, could be a glitch or a hack, very hard to tell, seen some pretty odd glitches.

"Script Kiddy"

Hackers have some talent.... 

Oh I agree. Hacker sprang to mind quicker though.

After scouring Youtube I come across this video showing the exact same circumstance I was in. 

Here it is... 

Possible bug. seen yesterday on a friend when he was unconsious and came around he still looked unconsious to us and had to relog to be able to do anything again. possible your shot only knocked him unconcious and he came around and still looked unconcious to you he relogged and then shot you. if i shoot someone I keep shoting them until they aint movin anymore. if there standing or crouched with only blood gushing pump more into em to make sure

Possible bug. seen yesterday on a friend when he was unconsious and came around he still looked unconsious to us and had to relog to be able to do anything again. possible your shot only knocked him unconcious and he came around and still looked unconcious to you he relogged and then shot you. if i shoot someone I keep shoting them until they aint movin anymore. if there standing or crouched with only blood gushing pump more into em to make sure

This sounds like a possible outcome... if you ever meet anyone ingame and intend on killing them, double tap. 

No way in a billion years was he conscious. I literally had the barrel in his face and shot him twice, Blood just exploded in the air. He'd have never, ever, ever woken up.

As i walked up the stairs in third person his body just re-appeared kneeling and that was all she wrote.... 

So I spawned in at the Jail in Balota Airstrip.

Stopped reading there.  Server hopping is bad, mm'kay?

I'm tired of spouting the whole "They aren't hackers, they're script kiddies or cheaters" thing so I'll spare you this once.

He was not hacking.. or cheating or scripting.  It's a known glitch that makes players look like they run through walls or doors or fences and what not.  Yes it sucks, yes it gives your position away, yes they're working on it.

Edited by Mdogg2005

I'm tired of spouting the whole "They aren't hackers, they're script kiddies or cheaters" thing so I'll spare you this once.

He was not hacking.. or cheating or scripting.  It's a known glitch that makes players look like they run through walls or doors or fences and what not.  Yes it sucks, yes it gives your position away, yes they're working on it.

I didn't server hop, And I dont server hop.

Some of us have lives and have real life things to attend to. I logged out in the Jail of balota, and Joined back in there when I was back.

I didn't server hop, And I dont server hop.

Some of us have lives and have real life things to attend to. I logged out in the Jail of balota, and Joined back in there when I was back.

Ok and did you read the rest of my post?  I'm guessing not. 

If he is really fast with combat logging could have been desync issue. Some people are crazy fast, shot this guy last night, pretty much as the bullet hit him he CL'd.

Ok and did you read the rest of my post?  I'm guessing not. 

Yes, I did. But can you explain how I shot him and blood exploded, he dropped and vanished. 

And then can you explain how he spawned back inside the building where I shot him to shoot me? 

Lucky, I got the whole "They aren't hackers, they're script kiddies or cheaters", thing. :blush:

Don't underestimate the power of desync OP, but as Mdogg2005 pointed out, probably not scripts, etc. I saw a guy last night running down the stairwell of a tech building, on the outside of the building (from my view)