Sign in to follow this  
e00c

Disable 'attack' while looking at a map!

I opened up the map (full screen), clicked to see what happened. And put an axe in my friends body! Opps. Probably my fault for having my axe "raised". Lesson learnt... Thankfully, he's not dead (yet), just a very grey screen.

But still, when looking at the map - you shouldn't be able to hold a weapon. Especially since it's a full screen item.

I wonder how this worked. 

The map has to be equipped into the hand. How can you still carry a weapon?

I wonder how this worked. 

The map has to be equipped into the hand. How can you still carry a weapon?

This is what I thought. Well, I dragged the map to the hotbar for easier access. Opened it up. Looking at the map, click, axe. 

It's logical to think that the axe would have been put away automatically. Just possibly something to look at / be aware of :)

:edit:

You should leave a report in the bug reports: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/83-bug-reports/

This is more of a design/coding oversight (bug) than it is a suggested feature...

It does seem like a bug, I'll report this now. (Y) 

Edited by jumling

ya this annoys me aswell, the amount of times i've scrambled because i heard a shot go past my head as i'm closing the map. 

only to realize i hit a tree or something with my axe. 

your weapon doesnt have to be put away to use a map?

If you have it hotkey'ed then you can bring it up at anytime, even when a weapon is in hands.