Sign in to follow this  
Demonio (DayZ)

ID TAG

I think at nice thing to do, it is to add an item like the ID TAG, with the name of the player (must be not lootable) and the only purpose must be to check the name of the players killed (or to check the identity of players when you neutralize them)

Could be also nice in the information windows of players thatv are playing in the server, to show the number of death, zombie killed, players killed in that server session :)

We have had quite a few suggetsions regarding stats and the general consensus is, that we needn't have statistics other than the survival time.

And as for the ID-Tag's: how would that work? I don't think anyone is carrying their actual ID in an apocalypse where you start with nothing on the beach - and I wouldn't bother writing my name down on a piece of paper.

It really adds to the atmosphere in my oppinion, that you never know who you killed or who you're dealing with.

• Like 1

And as for the ID-Tag's: how would that work? I don't think anyone is carrying their actual ID in an apocalypse where you start with nothing on the beach 

Some people might be carrying dog tags from their time in the army.

And as for the ID-Tag's: how would that work? I don't think anyone is carrying their actual ID in an apocalypse where you start with nothing on the beach - and I wouldn't bother writing my name down on a piece of paper.

It really adds to the atmosphere in my opinion, that you never know who you killed or who you're dealing with.

I agree with your opinion about the mystery of the person lending to the atmosphere but if there was some way of adding a wallet to each persons steam account with a picture of family in and a drivers license or something could be pretty cool.

if implemented though, it would probably be abused and ruin the immersion by someone having a picture a cock instead of their loved ones

Edited by noksookao

The addition of notes will make this option available to players.

My first thought on hearing about notes was using them to write to the guy who's going to snipe me.

Edited by Harmonica

Player kill stats will only make people think they need to raise their "score" and they'll just sit on drakon sniping.

We have had quite a few suggetsions regarding stats and the general consensus is, that we needn't have statistics other than the survival time.

It really adds to the atmosphere in my oppinion, that you never know who you killed or who you're dealing with.

Nonsense ... In an Apocalypse you will not spawn in a beach trying to survive ... not all the human will kos you ... because this is a game and it is enough a game to  have stat how many time i killed and looted you, just to teach you how well you "survive" in an Apocalyps uuuuuuhhhh lol

Edited by Demonio

Nonsense ... In an Apocalypse you will not spawn in a beach trying to survive ... not all the human will kos you ... because this is a game and it is enough a game to  have stat how many time i killed and looted you, just to teach you how well you "survive" in an Apocalyps uuuuuuhhhh lol

I wasn't referring to an actual apocalypse, I was merely putting it into the context of DayZ, where you actually do spawn on the beach with nothing on you. This makes my point very valid and disproves your point, as I only put it in connection with DayZ at this point, not with an "actual apocalypse".

If you want to, you can go ahead and disprove me by writing down your name on a piece of paper in the game, if you wanted to. You have the means to do so.

killicron

In response to "you never know who you're dealing with" in terms of reality, a slightly better level of facial detail would let players say "this guy/girl tried to kill me earlier" or "I know this friendly". Thus players have another layer upon gender and race to distinguish themselves, so you can remember faces of people you've already come across. That, to me, is a bit more real. But yeah, players shouldn't be able to match person to name with ease, although the wallet idea is great and should be implemented as a separate 1 slot item you can wear upon yourself.

Some people might be carrying dog tags from their time in the army.

Some people might be carrying guns from their time in the army.