Sign in to follow this  
playerwon

Tactical Town Raiding and Inventory Drops

So, im a huge fan of this game so far. but i have a few questions, cause like many people i am sick of losing all my stuff every time some hidden sniper decides to take me out on a town raid for food and water... The biggest question that i would like to know about is how long do items i drop stay in the world for? I would love to be able to stop outside town, clear my backpack of all the stuff i dont need to loot that town in a small pile somewhere i would be able to easily find again once i am finished with the town. This way i would both have room for the more stuff im certain that i would find useful in that town, and i would not be feeding the person that decided i was worthy of their hot lead. Mostly all i would like to have with me when i go into a town is the weapon i favor for defending myself and an empty backpack to loot up with. And, ofc, some ammo. But not all of it. I know that bodies disapear from the world 10 mins after being killed (i actually think it would be way cooler if they turned into zombies that took more than 1 shot to kill of they had good enough gear to armor themselves, as i often do) so does that apply to the things i drop as well? Hopefully someone will know! I think it would be handy to be able to retrieve this pile of stuff too if i where killed in the town while i was looting it. 

Dropped items last until the server restarts. Server restarts might happen frequently, unexpected and without any warning.

You shouldn't have to have a full backpack anyway. Just let stuff go. Food eat it. Drinks drink em, get healthy...Gear comes and goes how long do you plan stopping at one spot dropping a bunch of useless crap then...returning hoping its still there untouched all while someone most likely is going to shoot you.

• Like 1

Maybe later when the game is more complete you can leave a backpack unattended outside town then return.

Maybe later when the game is more complete you can leave a backpack unattended outside town then return.

You can do this now, you just have to pray that the server doesn't restart.

I'll often do it when providing overwatch just so I don't have the bigger profile.

Edited by SpartanxApathy

You can do this now, you just have to pray that the server doesn't restart.

I'll often do it when providing overwatch just so I don't have the bigger profile.

you touch it with a needle! sometimes, i dont wanna be running around with my orange backpack on while looting... sometimes i just wanna be more nimble and fit through doors better. and i NEVER wanna supply the guy that kills me with the few hundred rounds ive collected along the way. maybe 50. 

Edited by muddy001