rydekk

The CCSD (Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department) Needs investigators for the Radio transmission mystery.

On the grounds of DayZ which is suppose to be an antigame/realistic/authentic. It is cheating because you are essentially metagaming and doing things outside the realms of "reality" that give you a unrealistic advantage, especially when the game gives you everything you need to communicate IN game. 

Granted, voip needs work and again nothing can stop people using it, but yes, I do equate it to cheating. You can call me a "moron" all you like. It does'nt fit in with the DayZ experience, IMO. 

Accepting the fact that its a game means you need to be realistic with your expectations. Calling it cheating makes you sound silly.

• Like 2

Does everyone agree how much cooler the in game system can be compared to using "cheats" like TS3 and mumble...

Well played ;) I had a lot of fun investigating everything and btw will there be beens on Feb 5 at 19:00cst at grid 083 120 ?

Epic successful troll, victor.

In terms of scope and effort, it was a class A achievement.

It garnered an impressive reaction and attention.

And, provided entertainment to those involved, rather than irritation or annoyance, as with most trolls.

I said this before, and I will say it again:

Even if a player IS responsible, if it is a hoax: I DONT CARE. It gave me something to do. And whats more, it may have (I certainly hope so) provided some inspiration to the devs to ACTUALLY put something like this in game. See how much attention a "fake" brought? The community came together to investigate, share information and tools, formed ideas and conspiracies and even INVESTIGATION GROUPS.

If you guys (devs) don't put in some sort of secret or secrets for us to discover, puzzles to solve, I will be sorely disappointed.

Thanks again Victor. You may have started something that becomes MUCH bigger later on, if the devs are smart.

• Like 5

Epic successful troll, victor.

In terms of scope and effort, it was a class A achievement.

It garnered an impressive reaction and attention.

And, provided entertainment to those involved, rather than irritation or annoyance, as with most trolls.

I said this before, and I will say it again:

Even if a player IS responsible, if it is a hoax: I DONT CARE. It gave me something to do. And whats more, it may have (I certainly hope so) provided some inspiration to the devs to ACTUALLY put something like this in game. See how much attention a "fake" brought? The community came together to investigate, share information and tools, formed ideas and conspiracies and even INVESTIGATION GROUPS.

If you guys (devs) don't put in some sort of secret or secrets for us to discover, puzzles to solve, I will be sorely disappointed.

Thanks again Victor. You may have started something that becomes MUCH bigger later on, if the devs are smart.

We still don't know what will happen on the 5th

• Like 1

^True.

Although I have my suspicions about C1 and his/her possible accomplices.

And none of this discounts the possibility of an actual developer made, in game broadcast. At the very LEAST these events may lead to their later creation.

I actually doubted for a second, but then you came with the ' I don't know shit about audio stuff' argument. This was the most elaborate ruse I've ever seen. Well done to that.

Now I feel like this was a waste of time, but oh well, it was fun.

Btw, using mumble is totally legitimate imo, I'd still use radios and voip to interact with other players, but I don't go on mumble to play only dayz, I'm there hanging with friends, and to think: 'Hey let's play dayz, meet you in elektro, cya' and logging out of mumble would be just stupid.

Boo you shouldn't have owned up! :) Had great fun mapping the transmitters, it also forced me to travel to places I don't usually visit. Really enjoyed it.

Wow. Well done Victor.

Coincidentally I happen to live 30 mins from Travis, and I'm there every couple months or so handling business. 
If I ever happen to run into you I'm gonna have you shake your hand.

• Like 1

Haha Thank you VictorM for providing this true eerie apocalyptic feeling to the game for a few day(z)s.

However the Dayz SA Elektrozavodsk transmission made me think of the Buzzer or UVB-76. It also made me look into the history of number stations and now I want to learn how to morse so it is all good.

Now, I did find the morsing transmission with the sirens going of in the background even more gloomy. It reminded me about the two movies "Day After" and the english counter "Threads" and for you guys that was not born before 1990 - the possibility of an Nuclear Holocaust was somehow a part of our reality in the seventies and eighties and even before that. Well I prefer a Zed Holocaust to a Nuclear Holocaust.

Anyway this whole event gave me one of the best gaming experiences for years - running around for hours trying to locate a dystopic signal made by VictorM in a Elektro chimney.

I hope that there will be a lot more like this and hopefully this will inspire to more player generated events in the future.

Beanz all the way...

• Like 1

I would punch victor in the face, however. People enjoyed it. So i'm not

This case is closed and i advice anybody still investigating to stop doing so.

CLOSED

Magicians never reveal their tricks. Kinda wish you never told us so that newcomers could keep the mystery alive.

Would of been even more successful if you had more accomplices to play the message so more people heard it. Had me going there for a few days :)

• Like 1

Was C1 also your transmission VictorM ?

Nope. Mentioned that is his post script. 2 more days.

much text

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Damn! Man that fucking rocked my ass up and I had the most shit-load of fun in a game since a daaaaammnn long time.

Too bad it's over now :(

I loved how the people began to group up to solve your riddle. It was just unbelievable exciting to run through the game, things to discover, to rush from one strange occurrence to the next, to theorize and much much more.

It is extremely sad that all this was just a hoax. The game, my game especially now had a deeper meaning. I really had a lot of fun at all and even if I'm a little disappointed that it is now over, so I want to thank you anyway for everything.

To the developers: people, let you come up with something. Give us a great story, a dynamic story with riddles and wonders and your game will sell as if it were the holy grail.

Through this story, what was going on here, I was able to convince some of my friends from DayZ and it will be hard for me to tell them that this is not negotiated to a story from the pen of the developers.

Well played VictorM

Vote for the Hoax of the year!

Edited by Kabraxis

So... What is the CCSD going to do now?

There's still the C1 mystery of why he wants people to go there...

We could group up and go along the coast... to look for.... there's nothing now....

Edited by Sovietshark

So... What is the CCSD going to do now?

There's still the C1 mystery of why he wants people to go there...

We could group up and go along the coast... to look for.... there's nothing now....

We could perhaps collect a visual catalog of the aftermath of the infection... maybe there is still a story to be found in the changes they've made for Chernarus+.

I always felt it was a very clever hoax, but nonetheless, this thread was an exciting read and gives me great hope that dayZ will grow into an intriguing and thrilling world.

Edited by Souli

On a similar note...How long does a battery last if I leave the radio on and run around for a while?

Mine lasted ages and it was ruined.

On the grounds of DayZ which is suppose to be an antigame/realistic/authentic. It is cheating because you are essentially metagaming and doing things outside the realms of "reality" that give you a unrealistic advantage, especially when the game gives you everything you need to communicate IN game. 

Granted, voip needs work and again nothing can stop people using it, but yes, I do equate it to cheating. You can call me a "moron" all you like. It does'nt fit in with the DayZ experience, IMO. 

Yo, i've just created my account to leave my advice about this.

I agree, but NOT totally, with this things about using TS3 or Skype (etc...). BUT, what about me playing with a friend, we spawn and i want to find him ? i know we should respect the experience and the realistic side of the game, but i just want to play with my friend by my side. But why not until i find him, then switch off Skype and then speak in game. But you can still fight that kind of use (trap someone while speaking with friends on TS3) by increasing sounds that others people make in game and improving it (add sounds for EVERY things player interact with, door, taking an object and not only ammo).

BTW i founded this background story very cool. it would be cool if you could keep work on it, it remind me the first maps of Nazi Zombies from Call Of Duty World At War with hidden radio, etc... that's sad cuz those transmission gave me the desire to play again, and it just faded away now i know it's a fake.

cheers

So whose able to go out and record this C1 thing? Someone tell me what goes down afterwords.