Sign in to follow this  
ImBored

DayZ without bandits

Just read an interview between Rocket and some other people, and im not going to search for the interview again to get an exact qoute but basically Rocket said something like "When Dayz was just in sweden everybody helped eachother out and there was no such thing as bandits. Then when we introduced European servers everybody started killing each other." or something along those lines, LOL. Can you imagine, there was a time when bandits didnt exist.

personally im looking forward to the updates that will promote team building. Can you imagine small "tribes" of 5-10 people getting into actual Arma style fire fights. Cause lets be honest, right now what DayZ's PvP consists of is getting sniped randomly while running through the woods, and getting shot on sight by noobs, and thats not fun its just annoying...unless your the bandit.

And no, I am not a "carebear" as they're called on this forum. Im actually a very hardcore player. But this game is 10X better when you play it with other people, and that type of play needs to be more accessable to everyone.

Yeah I remember seeing that too, it was a great big interview. He said the new zealanders were very friendly, and in the original playgroup, which was the guys from Tackshack, there was all cooperation. He also said the Europeans were gungho shooting each other, and the Russians are plain cruel. But he didn't really complain, but I think he'd like to see a return to the previous ways, though I don't think that will ever be the case.

Personally, the game is what it is, and it's up to rocket to nudge us in a direction with mechanics, if he wants to, but otherwise we're all free to do what we want, and PvP will always be an integral part of the game IMO.

personally im looking forward to the updates that will promote team building. Can you imagine small "tribes" of 5-10 people getting into actual Arma style fire fights. Cause lets be honest' date=' right now what DayZ's PvP consists of is getting sniped randomly while running through the woods, and getting shot on sight by noobs, and thats not fun its just annoying...unless your the bandit.

[/quote']

A lot of the time Arma style firefights largely entail getting sniped randomly while running through the woods by an enemy you didn't see, owing to the fact that they're wearing camo. Even in large scale scheduled 60 vs 60 objective based PvP tournaments there was a lot of ambushing and sniping going on. That's pretty much just the way it works, it's not like COD or BF3.

If you want protracted battles between organized groups of players, you'd have to give players the ability to assign their respawn points so that they can get back to their base, grab some gear and get back into the fight, as opposed to ending up on the coast with nothing but a 10km hike in front of you. But that could end up being a big can of worms.

personally im looking forward to the updates that will promote team building. Can you imagine small "tribes" of 5-10 people getting into actual Arma style fire fights. Cause lets be honest' date=' right now what DayZ's PvP consists of is getting sniped randomly while running through the woods, and getting shot on sight by noobs, and thats not fun its just annoying...unless your the bandit.

[/quote']

A lot of the time Arma style firefights largely entail getting sniped randomly while running through the woods by an enemy you didn't see, owing to the fact that they're wearing camo. Even in large scale scheduled 60 vs 60 objective based PvP tournaments there was a lot of ambushing and sniping going on. That's pretty much just the way it works, it's not like COD or BF3.

If you want protracted battles between organized groups of players, you'd have to give players the ability to assign their respawn points so that they can get back to their base, grab some gear and get back into the fight, as opposed to ending up on the coast with nothing but a 10km hike in front of you. But that could end up being a big can of worms.

As someone who plays Arma more than Dayz, I would have to disagree with you.

And Im definitly NOT talking about "bases" or large scale battles. Just small group firefights breaking out occasionally would add alot to the pvp of the game.

And I especially want it to highlight the signifigance of loosing a member of your group, so no, people gathering supplies and then getting back into large battles is not what I had in mind. You clearly didnt see my vision.

OP needs to finish reading the article; rocket goes on to talk about the pure PvP the Russian servers engage in and repeatedly stresses how much he loves their tenacity

I get into large firefights on a regular basis. I normally don't move into normal loot spots without the rest of my squad. We normally only pick off a few stragglers, but oftentimes we run into other squads at the air field or in Stary and get into a nice firefight. We have a few guys with LMGs to lay down suppressing fire while our snipers find a better spot to pick off the other squads.

OP needs to finish reading the article; rocket goes on to talk about the pure PvP the Russian servers engage in and repeatedly stresses how much he loves their tenacity

And you should finish reading mine, I was just laughing at the idea that DayZ was once without bandits, not promoting it. And if you read the second part of my post at all you would know I was actually in support of pvp in the game.

If zeds where all I had to worry about I would have put this game down already. The thought in the back of my mind that someone is watching me and might kill me keeps the edge I am looking for in this game. I play with up to a dozen friends on TS and we have a blast most nights. Our community could easily fill a 25 person server. But we are all of the same mindset that death from other players is a must to have fun. We have had a few...very few firefights with other small groups. So I don't need to imagine. I just need to log onto TS every night.

What needs to be implemented to encourage you to join one of the 100's of groups that play this game together? A Clan/Community search button in game?

lol, you still misquoted rocket, whatever your ideas on the subject you misrepresented his own. I'm sure he's getting used to it by now though, it's happened so much during and after e3.

If zeds where all I had to worry about I would have put this game down already. The thought in the back of my mind that someone is watching me and might kill me keeps the edge I am looking for in this game. I play with up to a dozen friends on TS and we have a blast most nights. Our community could easily fill a 25 person server. But we are all of the same mindset that death from other players is a must to have fun. We have had a few...very few firefights with other small groups. So I don't need to imagine. I just need to log onto TS every night.

What needs to be implemented to encourage you to join one of the 100's of groups that play this game together? A Clan/Community search button in game?

Yes, my thoughts exactly! Im not a solution giver though, a clan search button might help.

I don't understand why you would help random players in this game? Its a lot more fun to play with other people yeah, other people that I know already and I'm on TS with. Why would you group with random noobs off the beach?

personally im looking forward to the updates that will promote team building. Can you imagine small "tribes" of 5-10 people getting into actual Arma style fire fights.

Because clans and groups of friends don't exist in DayZ....right

lol' date=' you still misquoted rocket, whatever your ideas on the subject you misrepresented his own. I'm sure he's getting used to it by now though, it's happened so much during and after e3.

[/quote']

I literally didnt even talk about his ideas at all, I was talking about something interesting he said (which I mentioned was not an exact qoute) and then presented my ideas about something only slightly related...

...people on the internet annoy me often times...

whatever im just gonna stop responding to people before they get mad at me...

Yes' date=' my thoughts exactly! Im not a solution giver though, a clan search button might help.

[/quote']

I have not been in the Bandit campfire or Survivor HQ section here much but I think you can find lots of groups with different goals in mind there.