JustYouForget

Stop the hackers!

I know this will be an on going fight and it is not something to be taken lightly but. 

What if when your Sights were on a person their name Highlighted over the char?

You aim at a person directly and you can see their name! Now would be able to know much more then whos hacking.. but whos killing you.

Overall I think its a great feature.  

BUT! If after you died a screen poped up saying.

" You have been killed by _____ @ 1000 meter with a fire Axe"  Would be a helpful tool. 

I just dont want this to become another Warz.. I have close to 20k posts and I will never play that game again. I tried to help that game but overall. That game is so bad...

We needed Dayz in our lives.

I know Dean is the man and I just want as many Ideas as possible for him to chose from.

Edited by JustYouForget

I generally wouldn't like this feature, for a few reasons

• 1. if they kill you and you know their name you could find them and harass them, e.g flame 
  • 2. I think it'd be a better idea to not add this because in real life you won't know peoples names instantly
  • 3. We generally won't need it, we will concur hackers somehow.
  • Like 1

I generally wouldn't like this feature, for a few reasons

• 1. if they kill you and you know their name you could find them and harass them, e.g flame 
  • 2. I think it'd be a better idea to not add this because in real life you won't know peoples names instantly
  • 3. We generally won't need it, we will concur hackers somehow.

I agree with this post.

Biggest reason to prohibit this is that it allows you to spot players you might have missed by sight alone. Not worth it to compromise gameplay just so "hackers" can then change their names easy as pie. Also false reports. Basically useless all around.

So as of now every server admin/Owner agrees. they cannot help you because you cannot tell them the name of the person doing the wrong.

You know we had this kind of stuff in the mod right?

You stood at range from a town, scrolled and move the mouse a bit, you now knew whether their was anyone in the town.

You know we had this kind of stuff in the mod right?

You stood at range from a town, scrolled and move the mouse a bit, you now knew whether their was anyone in the town.

Yes I played the mod since the first week. i know all about it. 

Obviously its not an evolved Idea but I am being killed by hackers I noticed it a few times and Figured I would toss this idea out there. 

It would be Even nicer If you got a screen saying who killed you.

I'm half supportive of this idea.

Names floating over people trying to hide would be no good, though. Maybe it should only pop up when your characters have interacted (ie, in combat).

Edited by sacrdandprofne

Cool idea, but it would kind of compromise the game for players who do not cheat, by spotting players accidentally etc. I also doubt it would have an big impact on cheating overall. People who cheat, are obviously ready to get another account and another copy of the game.. If you cant make cheating hard enough for people with software, you need to keep them from repeating it once they get caught, if they ever get caught.

Why couldnt steam just develop a system, where it would reckognize new accounts that have been made by people who was caught of cheating/hacking? There could be some more severe punishment going on for cheating, than just the need to make a new account and buy another copy. For example, make them unavailable to receive gifts from other accounts, make them pay certain % more of the specific game they were cheating on with their earlier account, like a cheaters fee or something, which could go straight into developing/upgrading anti-cheats more & faster :D ... or even better, make them unavailable to even buy the game again on new account, which would make new accounts pointless... Eventho the last option might mean slight decrease in income, it could save alot of money put into anti cheat softwares etc, i bet most of todays cheaters would not have the balls to take the risk of never playing the game again (that they supposedly like) because of a REAL permanent ban, and therefore there shouldnt be such a big need for these softwares, and to upgrade them all the time. if this current situation goes on, where cheaters can just pay off their "permanent" bans with small money, there will be more and more and more cheaters every f*cking year in the future. 

I am not good with these sort of things and i have no clue how would this even be possible to pull off, especially when steam just likes to make money 1 way or another.. But if you want something to change about todays cheating epidemic, you need to change the whole system.

Edited by AntiBandit

I'd prefer they address the issues directly instead of introducing new features detrimental to gameplay.

Surely teleport/speedhacking, unlimited ammo, itemhook etc can be addresses at the server level instead of allowing clients to decide.

I'd prefer they address the issues directly instead of introducing new features detrimental to gameplay.

Surely teleport/speedhacking, unlimited ammo, itemhook etc can be addresses at the server level instead of allowing clients to decide.

It's alot easier for an admin to ban a hacker if he knows the guys name. It's a common complaint on these forums from server admins.

I don't see how telling us who killed us and how after death would effect gameplay at all anyway, sure it's not exactly realistic but neither is being reincarnated 30 seconds later back on the coast so I'd say that ship has sailed.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit