Sign in to follow this  
Gekkonidae

[DayZ SA] The Drunken Huntsman | NYC East Coast (EST) 40 Slot Hardcore (1st person only) Server (4.5 hrs day, 1.5 hrs night)

Hello All,

I figured I would go ahead advertise my server here. It's already quite a busy server, being full at peak times, but I wanted to let everyone else know it was out there:

The Drunken Huntsman 40 Slot Hardcore Server [ 23.250.11.194:2502 ]

• Forced restarts every 6 hours. This encourages people to get off of the coast and travel to many different places to get loot. 
  • If either admin is on, we give 10, 5, 3, 2 and 1 Minute Restart Warnings.
  • Restart times are 12am, 6am, 12pm and 6pm Eastern Standard Time.
  • Server is 5 hours of day and 1 hour of night time play. (This will spice things up a little for those night time lovers. Loot or fight under the cover of darkness for just a little while before a restart. Don't ditch that flashlight!)
  • Zero admin abuse. Being an admin does not grant anyone the right to be a dick. We aren't dicks. We hate dicks.
  • We encourage everyone to play using the playstyle they wish. Whether you want to help others out or hunt them, destroy their ego and then humiliate them before finally executing them, enjoy yourselves and the experience!
  • BE Enabled (of course). Don't be a cheating, dickless nerd or you will get BE bant.
  • While we will occasionally do anti-coastal bandit runs to clean up CoD children, and then hand out the goods to those less fortunate, we really encourage you to get off of the coast and do some exploring! There's plenty of gear out there for everyone, even on a 6 hour restart!
  • Server is based out of NYC (East coast USA) (EST)

Come join us! Bring your friends or meet new ones!

Also, don't forget to add this server to your favorites so that you can find it easier later!

See you in-game!  :)  :beans:  :thumbsup: 

Edited by Gekkonidae

you guys have yer own forum?

been playing here a bit, its nice when servers have a separate forum if the player base is consistent :) 

• Like 1

^I'll set one up and post a link here this evening :) Great idea.

alright cool, have a few friends that I play with that will be around.

If you see my name in the server list try and hail me on a transmitter, usually have it on at the default channel

not sure the range on it though. 

I tried to play on this server, but I just log in as a new spawn instead of having my gear.   If it was connected to the hive and saved my character I would be playing on it.  OH well...

Are you sure that your saved character wasn't on a 3PP:On server? There are 2 different hives now. I do know that this server was not broken during the whole update. I received notifications from Vilayer that many people broke their servers by not listening. I do know that this server was not one of them. We waited until we received the 'all clear' to turn it back on. I haven't received any other complaints about this, so it does concern me.

Edited by Gekkonidae

I'll test it out tonight. I will log on and play as a new spawn for a bit then exit and rejoin. Hopefully my character will save and I will post back. Thanks.

Edited by Dorner
  • Like 1

Well sir, I will be checking out your server in about... 5 hours. Damn you work!

Guy above me raised good point, does gear reset every log in? I know that seems to be an issue lately. If so, that's fine. If not, HELL YEAH!

Edited by SpartanxApathy

gear is not resetting from the experience of my group.

however accidental character deletions from bugs happen all the time so that may be it

I haven't experienced this yet guys, so please let me know if you're still experiencing this. I really only play on my server here and haven't had any issues.

Well sir, I will be checking out your server in about... 5 hours. Damn you work!

Guy above me raised good point, does gear reset every log in? I know that seems to be an issue lately. If so, that's fine. If not, HELL YEAH!

It shouldn't be. We waited until we were given the ultra all clear from the providers after the patch to start it up. Apparently some people were starting their servers early and it completely fucked them up. (which lead to some of the character deleting crap) If you do experience this while playing on the server and then re-joining, please let me know.

I played on the server tonight.  I logged on as a new spawn and played for a bit then logged off and back on.  My character progression was saved.  Server is good!

• Like 1

I played on the server tonight.  I logged on as a new spawn and played for a bit then logged off and back on.  My character progression was saved.  Server is good!

Thanks for getting back to me Dorner! Glad to hear :)

This server got its own TS3/Ventrilo?

I saw the link pop in server chat for the forums, but its not linked here. Jus sayin.

Edited by EvilNike

The link on the server MOTD is to contribute to help pay for the server monthly cost, no TS server is up at the moment.I'm going to talk to the other admin about a possible TS server rental for the server tomorrow. Stay tuned.

In other news, i'm noticing a drop in players since I've introduced a little night time. Do you guys like any night time at all, or prefer a full daytime experience?

With the buggy way flashlights work, and since zombies can clip in and out of buildings as they like... I don't partcularly like night servers. That being said, I've played on a few and just tweak my gamma and brightness to the max with low clouds and can see pretty well.

A buddy of mine has a pretty open TS3 channel. I'll see if he minds sharing a bit and get back to you.

I was super interested in this server... But, I can't find it?(also, best feature I noticed was the night/day time cycle)

Edit: Found the server... was 0/40... :(

Edited by Dontstealmycheese

With the buggy way flashlights work, and since zombies can clip in and out of buildings as they like... I don't partcularly like night servers. That being said, I've played on a few and just tweak my gamma and brightness to the max with low clouds and can see pretty well.

A buddy of mine has a pretty open TS3 channel. I'll see if he minds sharing a bit and get back to you.

For now, I have to agree with this. I also think this might be why my population is dying off. For now i'm going to switch it to full-time day. When they fix flashlights in one of the upcoming patches, i'll change it back.

That would be great to have a place to chat! I have a group I run with for other games, but the TS is always packed, so I can't advertise that one here.

Changed to 24/7 Day for the time being, effective now. She's open for business!

Changed to 24/7 Day for the time being, effective now. She's open for business!

Weak.. :( there went the reason I wanted to play there! 900 servers just like it now.

Edited by Dontstealmycheese
  • Like 2

Weak.. :( there went the reason I wanted to play there! 900 servers just like it now.

Alright then. Rarity, but considering you're apparently Batman, and the fact that I actually started to like the night time, i'll change it back.

It will remain the (more like) 4.5 hour day to 1.5 hour night server that it was. You're the only one who's saying anything about it, so there you have it. :)

Server changed back and advertised accordingly. Good luck be with you.

Also, I changed the name of the server to The Drunken Huntsman. :) Enjoy!

I'm going to check out your server, and this is exactly what this game needs all around as far as a day/night cycle.