Slyguy65

This feature MUST come out along side vehicles

All you need is rope...and a car, and to make it extra terrifying lets add in the burlap sack.

They would have to keep pace or be dragged MUHAAHAHA

This video is of course a silly example, but imagine upping the speed....mmm yes.

And remember kids they plan on implementing rag doll physics mmmmm yeeeeeees.

Like the post to "fund it" lol

Edited by Slyguy65
  • Like 1

DayZ: Torture sim 2014.

In all seriousness though, this would probably be incredibly hard to code, but could yield funny results if it were actually implemented.

On the other hand, is this really necessary in a zombie survival game?

DayZ: Torture sim 2014.

In all seriousness though, this would probably be incredibly hard to code, but could yield funny results if it were actually implemented.

On the other hand, is this really necessary in a zombie survival game?

I'm going to say "no", its not really necessary.

Also I'm not sure how I feel about it from a PR standpoint, especially to an american audience. Think about this: Murder by dragging behind car is a real thing here. And it has occurred in racial/political related crimes. Particularly horrifying crimes that happened in real life. From this angle, I don't think recreating these sorts of horrors is amusing. Also some could harp on it to unfairly accuse the developers of making a torture/murder sim.

Yes, I agree that the handcuffing and shooting in the back of the head thing is 100% equivalent. However, handcuffing has a gameplay usefulness. Particularly restraining folks without having to murder them. There is no purpose I can think of for dragging people behind cars to murder them.

On the other hand, towing is legit. You should be able to hook up towing cargo hitches, both the normal kind and ramshakle craftable ones. Also, being able to skateboard ski behind a car would be sort of cool. maybe. Not down with implementing gruesome murders that have no purpose other than to be gruesome.

Edited by Guest

Why hard to do?! Ragdoll attached to a rope -> attached to a car... I could code this in Warcraft 3 srsly.

• Like 1

Bambi: Wait! I need a ride!

Me: Gets bad idea. And i have that rope...

Me: So im low on food soooo ya 5 cans of food for ride in the back, 3 for the trunk, free for best view.

Bambi:...uh free?

*OH MOTHER OF GOD SLOW DOWN*

Me: Sorry the sound of your agony is too loud its making my foot too heavy to lift.

I'm going to say "no", its not really necessary.

Also I'm not sure how I feel about it from a PR standpoint, especially to an american audience. Think about this: Murder by dragging behind car is a real thing here. And it has occurred in racial/political related crimes. Particularly horrifying crimes that happened in real life. From this angle, I don't think recreating these sorts of horrors is amusing. Also some could harp on it to unfairly accuse the developers of making a torture/murder sim.

Yes, I agree that the handcuffing and shooting in the back of the head thing is 100% equivalent. However, handcuffing has a gameplay usefulness. Particularly restraining folks without having to murder them. There is no purpose I can think of for dragging people behind cars to murder them.

On the other hand, towing is legit. You should be able to hook up towing cargo hitches, both the normal kind and ramshakle craftable ones. Also, being able to skateboard ski behind a car would be sort of cool. maybe. Not down with implementing gruesome murders that have no purpose other than to be gruesome.

BTW you are way overthinking this...the game doesn't have detailed gore...flesh wouldn't tear off it would be simple like the one guy said...you tie them to the car...if they start going too fast you transfer to ragdoll mode until they slow down again, obviously you will start bleeding and unless they stop well...ya they die but ya you are over thinking it. The second you start attributing games with real life thats the second you become worse than fox news...and no ones likes being under the dumpsters.

Well, you can do that in Red Dead Redemption, Horses instead of cars obviously.

Hehe, that's exactly what I thought of as well.  ^^

I want to be able too justify adding this feature to the game with regards too dragging players, but I just can't. The only way I can think too would be as a means of forcing someone to tell you where their stash is, which is pretty circumstantial at best, and also nothing that can't be solved by having the ability too melee bash with a weapon which staggers a player and does a minor amount of damage.

Edited by Survivor_Sabre

Well you could say that every car can rope tow objects, and that one of those objects just happens to be people.