Sign in to follow this  
littlezoe

Bad CD Key - Invalid CD Key

So i installed ArmA 2 Combined Operations yesterday, then installed DayZ too.

After a short hassle i was able to play DayZ perfectly on multiple servers.

I played for like 2 hours yesterday before going to sleep.

Now today i tried to play again, but any server i want to join gives me this "Bad CD Key - Invalid CD Key" message and i just get booted back into the lobby :(

Anyone have an idea what might be wrong? The mod worked perfectly yesterday without any message like this... :/

It's non-steam game, so i can't confirm the cache as they suggest on certain forums... I run the game with administrator privileges too...

READ WHOLE POST!!!

Run steam as Admin, run arma2.exe as admin and arma2oa.exe as admin by right clicking > properties > compatibility and down the bottom click run this program as admin.

If not Admin on PC change your self to admin. (I will not explain how)

PM me for futher information even if you do run it as admin I may be able to help.. My friend got this and I did too after a month of playing. (Steam Version but same still applys to non steam probably.)

I see you didn't read my post at all... I said that it's NON-STEAM copy and that i already run it as administrator... sigh.

Okay, reinstalled the game... Now i'm able to get ingame, but for some reason i get the "You were kicked from the game (BattlEye Invalid GUID)" message...

I have no idea now... O.o

I did that and still get the same message and get kicked :(

Before reinstalling it i was put on that barren wasteland before getting kicked, but now i found myself in a forest before the kick... :/

I really don't know what's wrong... the game worked perfectly yesterday..

Do you actually have the Arma 2 Beta patch installed?

Are you sure you're actually launching it though? and if you are i'm not sure if reinstalling battleye doesn't work, try removing it from your registry and re adding your key?

I do everything just like yesterday and i was able to play that day...

I launch the beta, in the menu part Extensions everything is enabled that needs to (Extension, beta, @DayZ, ect).

... and as i said i can get on the servers, i just get this GUID error after some seconds for some reason... :/

As for removing the key... should i just delete the KEY registry, then put it back immediately? Or launch the game first and then exit, add the KEY back?

Okay, now i tried to start the game with the Six Updater, but at first it updated some of my game files, even while they were supposed to be up-to-date... Now anytime i join the servers i get a "LittleZoe uses modified data files" message then i get kicked....

This stupid updater messed something up even more now :S Gotta reinstall again it seems :(

Okay... now i found 2 working servers, but after playing for a while now i get the Bad CD Key error just like in the beginning.... this is just ridiculous :(

Too bad, because the game is fun otherwise even while it's horribly buggy....