Pille1

Compound bow

Compound bow  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a compound bow in DayZ?

• Yes, it would be a great addition to the game.
    • No, it would be a waste of developing time.

I think that wooden arrows in real life are extinct, everyone uses aluminum/carbon arrows.

I think that wooden arrows in real life are extinct, everyone uses aluminum/carbon arrows.

People still make wooden arrows from time to time. I am one of them. Aluminum/carbon arrows of course fly better but realistically cost alot. Archery by itself is an expensive hobby and if you just want to shoot for a while in your backyard and you have some saplings around its worth the 5 to 10 minutes to make an arrow that flies relatively well with just a sapling and duct tape. You don't even need an arrowhead as you can sharpen the end of the stick with a knife and it will fly fairly well and stick

• Like 1

That's because most people use compound bows/crossbows, and you can't use wooden arrows with that system. But, you can still use improvised wooden arrows if you are shooting with a recurve or a longbow.

Too true.

You cannot shoot a wooden arrow out of a compound bow unles you want to drive a bunch of splinters into your forearm

But you can shoot  aluminum arrows out of recurves and selfbows.

This is why I personally like the idea of recurve longbows, player made low tier self bows and bundle bows rather than a souped up compound bow that is already very rare to and expensive in real life

• Like 2

Hahaha, indeed. I'm used to my bow set to 60 pounds (not a lot if you think about hunting, but it's a good balance between power and endurance). Still, you have to take the arrow from the quiver (I used it at my side, hanging from my belt) and attach the butt of the arrow correctly to the string. Perhaps I could find what an expert in bow tricks can do, but I doubt a regular Joe would be able to perform as fast or as accurate as an expert (I'm a regular Joe).

I barely have any experience, only really enough to know how unrealistic it is to expect to be able to fire with any degree of speed. I didn't move past 40 pounds before I had to stop.

I think bows of any type would be a great addition for DayZ but I don't think it needs to be a priority. If they are added I would hate to see them take your primary weapon slot because no matter how accurate you are with a bow; you'll never out shoot someone who has any form of firearm. (Maybe the FNX). I would only use them for hunting, that's where they would shine on DayZ.