Jynx (DayZ)

[FS] now own 3 helicopters and 1 jeep :|

[FS] helicopter and jeep footage.

So, we lost our chopper last week due to coding errors, and today, we managed to get it back! we now hold 3 choppers and a jeep back at base camp, after we finished fixing everything we had to try and get it out of where we found it....

join us on facebook:

lol, na you dont, theres a way to save vehical spawns etc, as long as nothing goes wrong with the code we will be fine.

Weve already lost 1 chopper to the code haha.

Enjoy loosing all that when the server gonna crash.

Just saying.

If this happens, it happens. Alpha, after all. :)

Sure, we'll be a little upset, but we'll move on from it and get more.

seriously how do you stop the fuel tanks from leaking

we found 2 choppers last night and fully repaired them and used at least 20 scrap metal on the hull and it still leaked

and atleast we got these 3 running

arma2oa%202012-05-13%2001-20-35-63.jpg

How do you find the Helicrashes? We've managed to find two heli wrecks so far, but after saving them, neither were there after a restart.

Feel free to PM me if you know of any likely places to check without it being completely public :D

We also have the fuel-leak problem. Helicopters are fully repaired, but we're still leaking fuel. At one point it was fully fueled, we got out to save it, got back in and it was down 1/8th of its fuel.

I'm thinking it's a bug, not an actual fuel leak problem.

Also, helicopters are extremely fragile. We almost crashed one of ours by touching down just a tiny bit too hard. To all of us, the landing seemed fine but apparently not to the helicopter.

We had fuel tank parts and it wouldn't give us an option to use them

agreed, with the fuel leak problem, the helicopter uses about 1/6th of a tank of fuel in 3 minutes, allowing about a 15 minute flight time. Once landed, and turned off, the fuel leaks at about the rate of 1 person traveling back and forth with 3 jerrycans to a refill can about 10 meters away.

We've not experienced the fuel leak problem, at all. Spent several hours last night flying around without any strange consumption issues.

There's a 'save vehicle' option on cars/helicopters, that you can use to save it's position to the server. :) They then persist after you disconnect, or the server restarts - so you can log in later and use them again.

We've not experienced the fuel leak problem' date=' at all. Spent several hours last night flying around without any strange consumption issues.

[/quote']

Did you acquire the helicopter before the most recent patch / use a fuel-tank part on it? Can't seem to find the sweet spot for fuel tank parts (if there even is one).

Wow, you are so good playing on an empty/locked server and repairing vehicules. Seeing as nobody watched your back while you guys repaired the thing and didn't much care about your surroundings at all it tells me you just abused an empty/locked server. So skilled, please, swing your epeen more.

Pathetic.

Play on a full server and try that now, lets see how far you get.

Haha, don't worry we don't whore about killing people, the only time we will kill players is usually when they're in the wrong place at the wrong time ie: when we are running a mission and they could jeopardize it, usually we wont take the risk but we will shout a warning before firing! :heart:

Lucky bastards! :D

At least it sounds like you have some kind of code of honor. There's nothing more I hate than a few guys lucky enough to get a chopper working and then making sure noone else gets the chance. :p

Wow' date=' you are so good playing on an empty/locked server and repairing vehicules. Seeing as nobody watched your back while you guys repaired the thing and didn't much care about your surroundings at all it tells me you just abused an empty/locked server. So skilled, please, swing your epeen more.

Pathetic.

[/quote']

All of the vehicles that we've found have been found when the server had large numbers of random players on it.

The server was locked for various parts yesterday, that is correct. In the early afternoon it was passworded for database testing purposes - tents had not been persisting correctly, and the database itself had been incredibly unstable over the previous 24h (as I'm sure the many randoms who played on UK3 yesterday can attest to the large number of server crashes that occurred). Once we suspected those issues were resolved, we restarted the server without a password. The 4-5 guys who were on the server were playing around with tents and checking that the tents themselves (and items) persisted throughout the restarts.

Upon restarting it simply resulted in many more crashes occurring - due to the heavy db usage that occurs when people spam the join button. Ultimately, we ended up doing staggered phases of letting people in yesterday afternoon, whereby we'd open the server for 30-45 seconds, and let 10-15 people join, followed by locking the server again for 5 minutes whilst they all loaded - then let another 10-15 people in - and continue that process until it was full (at which point it would remain unlocked).

You leave the server unlocked, and people bitch and complain when you have to restart it due to being unstable, so you lock it and slowly bring it up to capacity - and people such as yourself start throwing around random (and untrue) accusations.

It's incredibly easy to log characters out at the vehicle spawn locations that you've confirmed on other servers, which is what we spent time doing over the last week since the spawn points were moved around.

It's also ridiculously easy by now to have prepared and created a stockpile of spare vehicle parts, that you can simply ship en-masse to a vehicle once you've found it using 2-3 characters.

This isn't to mention the third fact, which is that once you have actually found a helicopter, it's radar shows other vehicles (both occupied and unoccupied) - so getting more is a rather painfree process.

Next time you wish to go around throwing random mistruths and accusations, please provide proof to back up your claims.

Wow' date=' you are so good playing on an empty/locked server and repairing vehicules. Seeing as nobody watched your back while you guys repaired the thing and didn't much care about your surroundings at all it tells me you just abused an empty/locked server. So skilled, please, swing your epeen more.

Pathetic.

[/quote']

Hello there, I am the Admin for UK3 and i would like to set the record straight on a few things before you get any more accusatory.

UK3 is regularly locked and unlocked to throttle inbound connections to the server so at to try and prevent the black loading screen of death from all the DB requests caused by logins. Secondly the server is also regularly booted up with a password to test issues as and when they arise. We tried booting open during tests and we tried not throttling inbound connections the results however were rage all around , people did not apreciate being kicked off for reboots every 5 mins when we were testing and they whined when they got stuck on awaiting server response after connecting and disconnecting 10 times each.

With reference to the helicopters the server has ALWAYS been open during normal play, during testing the players that assist (who are not all FS members) do not loot scout or in any way play to gain to gain an advantage. If i were at all suspicious of foul play the players in question would be investigated and banned+kicked from the FS group.

We hold ourselves to an extremely high standard of conduct and i will not tolerate any deviation from our best practices, nor will i tolerate baseless accusations of foul play. There are many players that regularly use our server and we have never had any complaints, i hope that they all continue to use our server and that the regulation of conduct explained above reassures you that there is no reason for concern.

In closing i would say that if you are going to complain when we lock the server to increase stability, or when we test the server to ensure it is working correctly, they you are welcome to try and use it with no such measures and see how well your game-play experience runs with crashes and lag outs every 10 minuets.

Kind regards,

VPope - UK3 Server Admin

TLDR - Server rule #2 no whining