Sign in to follow this  
combatcomm1

Should DayZ have music? (Poll)

Should DayZ have music?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Should DayZ have music?

• Without a doubt! Give me ambiance!
    • Meh, don't care either way, I can just turn it down.
    • No way no how, I don't want to move a slider an inch left!

If I can turn it off and be able to hear people sneaking around while they listen to music why not.

I also have an alternative to your obviously biased poll: play your own music. Hell you can even rip the music from the mod if you so wish. ;]

Edited by Hells High

I had it turned it down so it was only just audible. Would like it back ta.

If the music is intelligent, like if it gets more intense as you get Hurt or shot at?

P.S love the metro 2033 soundtrack for dayzing! (thanks dust ;))

Standalone doesn't have the same feeling because of no ambient music. The music gave a nice paranoia touch in the mod. I hope we get some nice music later :)

As long as you can turn that SHIT off!

Otherwise no way.

The music the mod had is terrible and horribly distracting. 

How are you supposed to listen for footsteps 20 ft away when you have that crap in the background?

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

As long as you can turn that SHIT off!

Otherwise no way.

The music the mod had is terrible and horribly distracting. 

How are you supposed to listen for footsteps 20 ft away when you have that crap in the background?

It may have been horrible for you but as you can see from the poll most either want it back or don't mind aslong as i can be turned off (which is what you said i know)

Removing it altogether was a poor decision imo.

I don't know about you all but I was and still am in love with the DayZ music. I dont know who conducted/made it but it was top notch creepiness and fit so well into the game. The clanging of metal parts in factories just fit perfect. I understand some peoples desire to not have music for immersions sake but there really isn't any good reason for the devs not to at least add what was in the mod if not add more tracks to it. 

Lets be honest, as of now, DayZ is NOT scary. But it has the possibility of giving even the bravest of people a bad EKG reading with the right mix of music, sound design, effective lighting, weathers, zombie AI and player interaction. The music was the ONLY thing paired with the intense player interaction that made my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Why does DayZ need "scary" music?  You can barely hear someone running up on you with an axe as it is with the damn ocean, wind, non-existent gates banging around and all that other shit blasting your ears constantly. 

• Like 2

I think they should have mp3 players as loot so if your running from cherno to the north airfield or something you can bust out your mp3 player and listen to some tunes while you run.

Nope, no music while playing. Silence is the perfect and scariest sound while playing. It makes the sound of footsteps or zombie scream all the more terrifying when that's all you hear.

This or perhaps some music in towns but coming from somewhere, like a radio or whatnot.

They should just put the mod music back in, I've had a few experiences of night servers, FP and no gamma slider whilst looting with my friend. It's very eerie and very cool!.

Well, music wouldn't be free, so why should they spend money/dev time on something most of us will turn off anyway?

Well, music wouldn't be free, so why should they spend money/dev time on something most of us will turn off anyway?

The music they had in the mod is awesome and as far as I know cost no one money. 

I played the mod back in may/june 2012 and one thing i loved about it was the ambient music. Fantastic. Recently i decided to buy the standalone and the first thing i noticed was it's complete removal. And to make matters worse i found out it won't be coming back. The ambient sounds were a huge part of the creepy atmosphere!

Why not just give the option to turn it off if you don't like it rather than remove it altogether?

Gutted tbh :(

yea  :(

this is just a really bad move on their part. dayz is not dayz without the music. how are new players supposed to feel immersed in a zombie thriller without feeling scared shitless?

if you've played the mod im sure you've felt the difference. not the same game and thats not a good thing

Edited by Human Hunter