Sign in to follow this  
Shodex

Item Suggestion: Firecrackers

jauGALf.jpg

Item Suggestion: Firecrackers

Firecrackers can be found in many convenience stores in just about any town. Traditionally they're used mostly for celebration, but in the zombie apocalypse they have two rather useful purposes.

• They make a lot of noise, which can be used to divert zombies when used effectively.
  • The noise they make can mimic gunfire, to decoy other survivors in the area. Place firecrackers to the east and circle around to the approach your target from the west.

Rarity: Fairly uncommon, realistically they wouldn't be hard to find but there is certainly more pants and beans in the world than firecrackers.

How to use: Using matches you'd light them and then they act basically like a grenade, you'll drop them on the ground and become scarce. After some time they'll start going off.

Edited by Shodex
  • Like 2

+Roman Candles. %chance to blow your hands off.

+Roman Candles. %chance to blow your hands off.

I would love for the ability to launch colorful fireworks off in Elektro, attracting all sorts of mayhem.

Oh man distracting bandits now has another meaning with firecrackers!

Throw 10 of that shit all around an scare the fuck out of them!

Watch an innocent freshspawn struggle to survive as he gets freaked out every single time because of firecracker traps!

BUT wait, there's more!

Put that shit near a sniper and watch him die out of fear.

Even better, put that shit in front of him or in his backpack and watch him set of fire!

BUT wait theres more!

Fire at innocent zombies with our new product, ROMAN CANDLES!

Make-a-torch at night!

OR set people on fire!

Thats an amazing idea my friend!

I would love for the ability to launch colorful fireworks off in Elektro, attracting all sorts of mayhem.

If fireworks were unlabeled, how pissed would you be if you played all day looking for fireworks in a bandit filled town, finally got one and some matches, light if off... and it's one of those fucking snake things South Park made an episode about?

I'd like them if I could somehow set them up to go off in proximity to another player

This would likely not be hard to implement, but making it seem realistic is another story. What sort of makeshift device can light fireworks off when somebody comes near?

That said, I don't like it. The cities would be littered with long forgotten firecrackers waiting to be set off. Timed explosives take thinking, "Where will my enemy be in 2 minutes?" "Where do I want to be when these goes of, can I make it there?"