Sign in to follow this  
shicack

Tonights experience with seattle 97 admins

My buddy and I were playing. We had 2 vehicles in seattle 97. After it goes night time everyone leaves. 4 people are left in the server, my buddy, me, Marshkillz, and his friend rAndom. We drive the vehicles south west to park them and on the way we run into Marshkillz(admin) and his friend in their own vehicle. We kill them and their vehicle is destroyed in the process. 30 seconds after this happens the server is reset and there is a bit of a roll back. Their car isnt destroyed and "rAndom" is still alive by the car. We kill "rAndom." 10 seconds later the server is reset AGAIN. This time its taken down for about an hour or so. I can only assume they were resetting the server in an attempt to get a rollback and save their gear. When the server comes back up, it goes from a 40 person server to a 3 person server with "Marshkillz" "rAndom" and some other dude. I guess they'd rather play with zero risk where they can roll back any time they need to lol.... Just wanted to post this to let people know not to waste their time in this clown ass server.

[attachment=1304] <--- Vehicle destroyed. Marshkillz killed. 40 player max at this time.

[attachment=1303] <--- approx 1 hour later 3 person max.

This is a blacklistable offense.

Post it in the Cheating Section under Servers.

If your claim holds true, the server will be blacklisted and the players accounts banned :P They are not allowed to do this.

My buddy and I were playing. We had 2 vehicles in seattle 97. After it goes night time everyone leaves. 4 people are left in the server, my buddy, me, Marshkillz, and his friend rAndom. We drive the vehicles south west to park them and on the way we run into Marshkillz(admin) and his friend in their own vehicle. We kill them and their vehicle is destroyed in the process. 30 seconds after this happens the server is reset and there is a bit of a roll back. Their car isnt destroyed and "rAndom" is still alive by the car. We kill "rAndom." 10 seconds later the server is reset AGAIN. This time its taken down for about an hour or so. I can only assume they were resetting the server in an attempt to get a rollback and save their gear. When the server comes back up, it goes from a 40 person server to a 3 person server with "Marshkillz" "rAndom" and some other dude. I guess they'd rather play with zero risk where they can roll back any time they need to lol.... Just wanted to post this to let people know not to waste their time in this clown ass server. screenshots below.

[attachment=1306] - Car being destroyed. Server was 40 person at this time.

[attachment=1305] - After server was brought back up, 3 person.

It wont go anywhere without proof, though, and all you've got is a picture of some shit being blown up, and him dying.

So, the admin is probably just laughing right now.

Admins cannot adjust the servers to hold less people or lock servers. As it states right now, newer severs are meant to have 50 players. Not three.

They also cannot reset servers to rollback gear.

Admins get no special privileges beyond they own the server, but they play by the same rules as anyone else.

Hope this gets looked into.

I recommend getting a screenshot of the server on the list showing it has 3 people max with their names.

yea i didnt expect anything to happen. especially them being banned. its just pretty bogus imo. "Marshkillz" and "rAnDoM" carebears for sure tho

why did you kill them ffs? You shot at server admins? lol How stupid can you be of course they will not appreciate that!!

Whilst they obviously took the piss restarting it my advice is don't kill admins eh, bit silly that...

view the bottom screenshot lol. its small and right below the first one

Oh wow! Thats a screenshot.

I didn't see that.

Nice catch, hope they got their server locked and blacklisted.

@ Muggles - Doesn't matter if they are admins or not. They play by the same rules.

why did you kill them ffs? You shot at server admins? lol How stupid can you be of course they will not appreciate that!!

Whilst they obviously took the piss restarting it my advice is don't kill admins eh' date=' bit silly that...

[/quote']

i didnt know they were admins at the time. After i found out it was like 100x the gratification :)

get frappz record everything and then when it happens you will be prepared to shut down cheaters

D3aW

I'll just leave this here.

if only it was enough to punish the tards noobs

D3aW

That is enough.

New Servers cannot be under 50 players.

Thats more than enough for the server staff to check logs, have them find their deaths, convenient several restarts and rollback of their loot.

This isn't allowed. Read up on the server rules.

I was just posting up a picture too prove that it's true that they changed it too a 3 person server, but that's just about as bad as locking their server. But nah, it's not good enough.

EDIT- And thank you Ravin, hopefully he took my sarcasm too the fullest. It'd be idiotic if that wasn't punishable.

will i know if this gets reviewed?

Odds are no. ;/

Youll know if the server isn't up anymore

Generally, the Server Mods here with Day-Z are very good at shutting down BS like this.

I am the one who purchased the hosting for this server. I was not on at the time that this happened. I've talked with "marshkillz" about what happened and your stories seem to match. If you read up on HFB hosting they do not allow you to change slot count. Rand0m is not a server admin either. I've since removed any admin rights for Marshkillz for the server restarts and the slot count.

I can't talk in his defense but he says he found it very strange that you were able to find him out in the middle of nowhere with so little players on. I went ahead and sent him this link so he can reply if he wishes but that's all I really heard from him.

I apologize this happened to you. I'm big on fair play and do agree that him changing the slot count was a big no-no, however, there's been posts about server restarts not being considered against the rules, yes in an excessive amount I would consider it B.S. (maybe marsh crossed that line) but I'm not here to speak for anyone but myself and I assure you the problematic admins have been removed. Again, I'm sorry.

Whilst they obviously took the piss restarting it my advice is don't kill admins eh' date=' bit silly that...

[/quote']

If you expect people should treat admins any different from other players in-game, think again. We may be admins, but we're nothing more than players with the sucky job of keeping the server afloat.